Chapter 3

*Henry's point of view*

When we finally got to the castle, Liz was still unconscious. Going back to human form was as bad as turning into a monster. Peasants came and surrounded me, as did every single human being that was in that village.

I got Liz from the ground and I started to walk towards the castle. A mile into my walk, a carriage with white horses pulled up next to me.

I slowed down, hoping that it was someone I knew.

“You know, dear, it's very bad for you to depart with only a poorly written note,” a heavy accented British voice said.

“I’m sorry mother. It won't happen again,” I replied.

“You're damn right darling. Now get in the carriage before someone else sees you,” Agatha said.

“Yes ma’am,” I replied, holding on to Liz awkwardly to open the door.

My mother’s powdered face shone through the light darkness of the carriage.

“Well hello mother. You look dashing as always,” I said, finally greeting her properly.

“I wish I could say the same about you,” she said as she gave me the once over and turned back to face the front of the carriage.

I got on and stretched Liz out of the carriage seat and laid her head on my lap.

“Who is she Henry?” she asked with conviction.

“Mom, before you go and judge her, just listen to me okay?” I asked, making eye contact.

She kept looking straight, pursing her lips. She was tense but she tried to keep her cool.

“Do you remember how before I started this quest, I thought I knew who it was going to be but yet, I failed every single time?” I said my voice low as to try and not wake up Liz.

Agatha still kept quiet. I could see that she was refraining from saying anything but she wanted to.

“Through my failures I have learned that you have to be patient. The person that we are looking for isn't just born into her duties, she has to wield them with a certain power and confidence,” I said.

“Henry, what's your point?” she said abruptly.

My eyes widened with shock since my mother never talked like that. Agatha had a sense of respect for people. This could only mean that one person was behind all of this and it was my sister, Caroline.

Caroline began to shape shift into her regular self. She was smaller than I remembered her with her corset as tight as could be and her dress flowing down past her ankles.