10

I did not know where I was going to go when I told them that I would go out and walk. I just went to wherever my legs brought me to. Moments later, I found myself in a kids playground in the hospital, most probably for kids staying in the hospital to hang out at. I sat down on a swing and started swinging myself slowly, letting the wind blow past me, letting myself drown in the windy night. 

"Hyung, can we talk." I did not realise that Samuel had sat down on the swing next to mine.

"Yes?"

"I'm really sorry... I know you must hate me now. I saw how you reacted just now... I know I can do nothing to make you forgive me but..."

"I don't hate you. I hate your father." I quietly said.

"I saw what he could do. I heard what he did. I'm not blind, I know how animalistic he is and how he could threaten you. I also know you were protecting Chan, but hurting another person in response isn't the way to go ok?"

"I-I'm sorry."

"Stop apologising Samuel. If you want to help,  support your hyung when he wakes up."

There was an awkward silence after that. Neither of us knew how to continue this conversation or were scared to.

"Tell me the worst your dad has done." I broke the silence.

"My dad tortured hyung for 9 months straight. I assume hyung told you quite a lot already so I won't go too much in detail, but it is especially bad when our dad is drunk. He will throw empty wine bottles. The wine bottles especially caused a lot of damage and blood. I usually sneaked painkillers and other medicine for hyung."

I nodded. "Thanks for taking care of him then."

"Its what I should do. I can't let another person suffer like how my eomma did under his hands."

"If you don't mind telling me, what happened to your eomma?"

"My eomma died when I was 5. Even though my parents were not soulmates and I was an accident, my dad still gave us money and a roof for us to live under. However, one day when he visited with hyung, my eomma told him that she wanted to stop letting him see me because she thought that he was a bad influence as at that time he always got drunk and was violent. I think that triggered him. I remember him throwing wine cups and bottles at my eomma, eventually throwing one against her head and killing her instantly. Hyung was 10 at that time, he tried to protect me from our dad who was going crazy and helped us escape. We went to channie hyung's house for 2 days after that. He got injured by dad when he tried protecting me."

"I'm sorry." I could not say anything else could I?

"Its ok woozi hyung. I just don't want anyone to get injured because of him, especially channie hyung because he isn't even a Kwon and should not get himself into this mess of a 'family' we have."

Samuel was 17, yet he also went through the hurt soonyoung went through, maybe even more. The hate towards their dad bubbled deep inside me.

"Hyung."

"Hm?" I hummed.

"You are soonyoung hyung's soulmate are you not."

"I-I.." I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks. My cheeks were probably bright red right now.

"I can see who are each other's soulmates." I looked at him, confused. "It is really rare. I am a seer. Seers don't have soulmates and we are only 1% of the whole population on earth." He rolled up his hoodie and showed a black marking that said SEER written in cursive on his forearm, his tattoo. He pulled the sleeve back down. "I can see that you care a lot about him. Hyung, make him happy. He went through a lot when he was young. He had it even worse than me. But you need to beware of our dad. I'll help you guys though. I dragged the 12 of you into our mess after all."

"Samuel, you know you don't need to..."

"But I want to. I want to put an end to that animal's wrongdoing."