六 | 追放

"The kid who ranks last...gets expelled...?! This is our first day here!! But even if it weren't...that's just too unreasonable!!" Uraraka argued.

"Natural disasters...massive accidents...ego-mad villains...all kinds of calamities can happen when we least expect them. Japan's now positively drenched in "unreasonable." And it's our job as heroes to reverse it all, and restore reason. If you were counting on a friendly chat at the local McDonald's after school, that's too bad. From now on, for the next three years all you can expect from your life at UA is one hardship after the next. This is "plus ultra". I expect you to overcome these trials and climb to the top. Now then, that was the demonstration. Time to step up to the plate."

TRIAL 1: THE 50-METER DASH

Ayane was up against a heterochromic boy. The two stood at the start line, waiting for the robotic voice to give them the signal. "Ready...GO!!" The boy quickly made a path out of ice which he used to slide to the finish while Ayane shot off, using her natural speed. "1.12 seconds!!" The boy finished a few seconds later, giving Ayane a harsh look, to which she payed no mind to.

TRIAL 2: THE GRIP STRENGTH TEST

'Back home, I could open all the testing gates. That's about...256 tons, if I'm correct. Let's see if this little device holds up,' Ayane thought. Just as she predicted, the small little device was no match for her strength, shattering into a million pieces. This, of course, earned the attention of nearly all her classmates and her teacher. 'This kid is really gonna be the death of me...' Thought Aizawa.

TRIAL 3: THE STANDING LONG JUMP

The third trial was easy for Ayane, and just like the grip strength and 50-meter dash, didn't require her to use any of her abilities. She made it across the sand pit with ease.

TRIAL 4: SUSTAINED SIDEWAYS JUMPS

The fourth trial was the same as the past few, requiring no use of Ayane's abilities.

TRIAL 5: THE PITCH

Since Ayane had already done this one, she didn't have to do it again. The first to go was blasty boy, or Bakugou. "DIIIEEE!!!!" He screamed, using a powerful explosion to send the ball flying. He ended up scoring 705.2 meters, which wasn't too bad, but still far off from Ayane's score. Next up was Uraraka, who managed to score an infinity. Finally, the last to go was Midoriya.

"Midoriya's not doing too well, is he?" Iida commented. "Of course not!! He's a quirkless fucking guppy!" Bakugou remarked. "Quirkless? Didn't you see what he did at the entrance exam?"

"Hahh?!" Ayane watched as Midoriya prepared to throw the ball, his arm firing up with power, only for the ball to land 46 meters in front of him. "Wha...huh?? I tried using it for sure just now..." he trailed off. "I erased your quirk. It deifies reason. How did somebody like you manage to enter this academy?" Aizawa spoke. "You erased it? And those goggles!...Oh my god! You must be there hero who can cancel out the quirk of whomever he's looking at! The erasing hero, Eraserhead!"

"Eraser-who? Never heard of him."

"I've just heard the name! He's an underground hero!"

"From what I observed...you can't rein in your quirk's full power. Meaning you can't use it efficiently at all. Did you believe someone would come save you after you crippled yourself again?"

"N-no, I didn't, I ju--" Aizawa cut him off, pulling him in with his scarf. He spoke lowly, but with Ayane's trained senses, she heard him just fine. "Whatever hopes you may have nursed of your imminent rescue, as you can see, nobody is in a position to come to your aid. There's a certain insufferable hero who made a name for himself rescuing over a thousand innocents from a disaster all by himself. You've his brute courage...but all you'll manage to do is run around like a blockhead who needs saving himself. Face it, your "power" won't help you to become a hero, Midoriya Izuku." He released his quirk, returning Midoriya's. "I gave you back your quirk...try the ball pitch a second time. Let's get this over with."

"Looks like he's had some coaching before, but..." Iida trailed off. "He's gonna get expelled for sure," Bakugou spoke confidently. Ayane watched with bored eyes as Midoriya fired his power up once more, but this time only in his finger, sending the ball flying. His score, 705.3. "Sensei...! I...I can still move!"

"You finally got a record suitable for a hero!" Uraraka cheered. 'Was that supposed to be a compliment, or...' Ayane thought. "Your finger's swollen, reminds me of the entrance exam incident...what an odd quirk..." Iida spoke to himself. "It's not stylish enough," a boy who quite literally sparkled input. Bakugou, however, was seething with rage as he charged in, screaming, "WHAT IS HIS, DEKU?! EXPLAIN NOW, SHITRAG!!" Aizawa was quick to capture him in his scarf. "Shit's this cloth? I can't...!!"

"It's my special "capturing weapon," a steel wire alloy woven with carbon nano fibers! Jeez, don't make me use my quirk so much...I've got dry eye, dammit!" Aizawa released his hold on the now somewhat stable Bakugou. "We're wasting time. Prepare for the next trial."

"Man your finger looks pretty messed up, huh," Ayane commented.

"Ah..."

"Is your finger alright?" Uraraka asked worriedly. Midoriya nodded shyly. The rest of the trials flew by quickly, Ayane barely breaking a sweat. "Time to present the results. The total is simply the aggregate sum of each of your scores. If I recited all your scores it'd take a million years, so I'll disclose them all at once." Aizawa pressed a button in his device, a projection of the score list popping up in front of them.

"Huh, first place," Ayane said, her arms resting behind her head in their usual manner. "Oh yeah, that whole "expulsion" thing was a lie." Everyone stopped while Aizawa gave another creepy smile. "It was just a logical ruse to pull out your best performances."

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!"

"C'mon guys, use your brains! Of course it was just a ruse!" A girl, Momo Yaoyorozu, scolded. 'Nah, this old guy was definitely going to expelled Midoriya. He just saw something in him is all.'

"And...right. Yep. With that, it's over. Your curriculum sheets are back in the classroom so give them a once-over. And Midoriya, go to Recovery Girl and get yourself patched up. Since your eyeballs will no doubt pop out of their sockets at tomorrow's absurd ordeal."

----

The day quickly came to an end, everyone dispersing out of the classroom one by one, Ayane included. As promised, she met up with Hitoshi at the front of the school, who was waiting for her. "So, how was the first day in the heroics course?" He asked expectantly. Ayane shrugged, placing her hands behind her head. "It was alright. We had to do a quirk assessment test."

"How'd you do? Wait, let me guess, you came in first place."

"Yeah, I mean, it was pretty boring, so I honestly didn't need to try that hard."

Hitoshi sighed, chuckling slightly. Typical Ayane. "Hm? Oh, hey, I know those guys," Ayane stopped, looking to Midoriya, Iida, and Uraraka who were all walking together. "You know them?"

"Yeah, they're in my class. That freckled kid is something else. Dunno if he has nerve issues or something, 'cause he only used his quirk once and failed all the other assessment tests."

"Sounds like a looser."

"Hmm, maybe, but he's kind of interesting. He got all freaked when me and this other girl even talked to him! You should have seen him, his face was all red-it was kind of cute."

Hitoshi looked away, clicking his tongue. He really didn't like hearing Ayane talk like that about someone. 'Interesting?' 'Cute?' It really pissed him off. "We should get home. Mom's probably waiting," Hitoshi spoke gruffly. Ayane spared him a glance, figuring something had happened on his first day, but she decided not to ask. "Okay."