ChapterOne

Avianna Rose Caldwell

It's been four years since Elijah died and I miscarried our unborn child. Four years since I witnessed that dreaded day. It keeps haunting me in my nightmares all the time.

FLASHBACK

I was pregnant. Oh my god. How am I going to tell Elijah about this. How is he going to react? Is he going to be happy? Will he leave me? Will he support us? What about college? We still have a month for our graduation. What after that? Ugh.

Just shut up Avianna. You know he loves you right.

He does love me but I don't know, I don't feel good about it.

I came back to reality when the door bell rang. It must be Elijah.

Stay calm Avi. You can do it.

I opened the door and saw a drenched Elijah continuously sneezing. I ran inside to get him a towel and wrapped it around him. He came inside, went to the bathroom and got fresh. Elijah keeps some of his clothes in my one room apartment just in case, you know ;)

He took a shower, wore fresh clothes and walked back to me and gave me a kiss. He loves you Avi, tell him.

"There's something I've been wanting to tell you Eli" I was nervous.

"What is it Avi" he said pecking my lips.

"I um-- I"

"Damn why are you stuttering" he asked.

"I -- I am pregnant, Eli" I said and looked up at him. His face was blank just like fresh notebooks.

"Wh- What?" he asked sounding unsure of what he just heard.

"I'm pregnant Elijah" a tear slipped down my left eye.

"Really?" he said excited.

"You're happy about it ?"

"Happy? I'm overjoyed. I'm the happiest man on Earth right now"

"So you won't leave me" I whispered. Not sure if I wanted him to hear that.

"Obviously not" he growled.

Tears threatened to leave my eyes. I didn't know Eli would react like that. I didn't know he would be happy about it.

"I'm so happy Avi. You complete me, and now, you completed Us"

"I love you Avi" he said pecking my lips again.

"I love you too Eli" I said.

That night I slept in his arms unaware of the fact that this was the last time I could smell his scent and sleep peacefully.

Next morning I woke up to Elijah mumbling something in his sleep. He looked like a baby. My baby.

I removed his arms which covered my belly and got up to use the bathroom. I came back and saw Elijah nowhere to be found. I got worried. Just then I noticed a small piece of paper on the bed side. I walked towards it and picked it up. It was a note Eli left for me.

I'm going to get some groceries Avi. I know you were sick for the past few weeks and had nothing at home to make breakfast with. I'll be back soon.

Love, Eli.

He could've yelled it through the doors. I'm not deaf. Ugh.

It's been an hour since Eli has gone and I don't know why is he taking this long. He could've just picked up some eggs and fruit. Stupid guy.