Part 22

Italics- Lydia's voices

Lydia

Lydia sat in the front set next to Oliver as Thea drove in front of them and she watched the clouds overhead. She could feel his eyes watch her but she kept staring out the window.

"Deaton thought you were braindead," he finally spoke. "It was just a way for me to escape the pain," she said. "The Skinwalkers taught me that." Her phone buzzed and Parrish had texted, 'are you okay?' and she replied, 'getting better.'

Her eyes found their way to Oliver and she made a small hum he smiled too. "I'm just glad you're okay," he said. "Me too." The phone that was connected to the car started ringing with Thea's ID on the screen and she picked it up.

"What are we going to do about Susan?" she asked and he groaned. "She made the right choice to take me to Beacon Hills," Lydia whispered. "We haven't made it to the city, we can think then," Oliver said.

Crossing the border, they drove to the Glades and parked outside the campaign building. "What are we going to do about Susan?" Thea repeated as the elevator hummed down.

When the doors opened Felicity had already hugged her followed by Stiles and William. "What happened?" Diggle asked, smiling at her. "Noshiko," she said simply, taking a seat on a stool and Oliver stood near her.

"Again, how do we deal with her?" Thea asked. "Quick and easy," Lydia said. "Kill her?" Stiles exclaimed and she shook her head. "You never found evidence about what she's done and I can give that to you," she said and his eyes went big and Felicity shrieked.

Lydia opened her mouth and a fly zipped out, heading towards the elevators. "Just expect her to confess everything," she said, getting up. "I'm going to go sleep for a few days."

She got up going towards the elevator and she could feel William and Oliver's presence behind her as they stepped in. "I'm never going leave you," Oliver said and she laughed. "I'm my bodyguard," she whispered. "I don't need a guardian angel."

The fly buzzed around her head until they reached the top and it flew into the city to find its partial host. She got in the car, knowing she had to get a new one, and Oliver dropped his son off at his condo before taking her back to her loft.

"I need a shower," she said. "Three." She felt his arms wrapped around her waist and she leaned into his chest with an exhale. "Aren't you the mayor?" she whispered and he hushed her with a small hum. He twirled her, pulling her by her lower back and she kissed him.

"You're about to get a call," she whispered. He groaned when his phone buzzed and he picked it up. She held his hand as he talked, playing with his fingers until she hung up. "I have to go," he said. "I'll be waiting," she said with a smile and he pecked her forehead before leaving.

Lydia walked around, lighting up the fire to heat the loft and she went to the kitchen, pouring herself red wine and fixed a plate of cheese and crackers before going to her room. Setting down the snack, she filled the tub with boiling water, letting it bubble with soap and steam the bathroom before she sunk in.

She ate the mini sandwich of cheese and crackers, taking a sip of the red liquid, and slowly slid into the water. She liked the way it burned her body and the steam cross her face.

Her head submerged underwater and she released a muffled scream to relax her mind that was crowded by whispers. She pulled herself out, letting the water drip from her chin and slick her hair back and she scrubbed her body.

Oliver

Oliver had entered the new precinct, hearing people's footsteps clack the wooden floors and he nodded at the officers who were giving him respect.