◑3◐

Chapter 3--Dreams

Me, Norman and Emma all headed to the gate to go give Little Bunny back to Conny. We got to the gate and I stared inside.

"Never go near the gate or fence." Emma repeated Mama's words.

"We'll get in trouble later, let's focus on getting Little Bunny back to Conny." Norman said and we nodded.

I looked at the truck that I assumed was going to take Conny to her new home. "There's no driver." Norman said and I started walking to the back of the truck.

I was distracted by a dripping sound, I saw a leak in a pipe. I stopped the water before it hit the ground, the drops collected into the one I kept in the air.

I was snapped out of it by Emma dropping Little Bunny. She looked horrified as she stepped back from the end of the truck.

I cautiously walked over and gently moved the curtain. My eyes widened and my heart stopped as I looked at Conny.

She was upside down, her head slightly dipped in water. A bouquet of red flowers had pierced her midsection and her ears were limp and submerged.

My hand slapped over my mouth to keep from screaming at the sight of the little girl I thought of as my own sister.

"Emma? Mizu?" Norman asked as he walked over. "N-Norman-Conny-she-flowers—in there!" I managed to get out.

Norman's breath hitched and he fell back. My head whipped to the side as I heard two voices coming from a door in the side of the wall.

Norman, Emma and I ran to the opposing side of the car to keep ourselves from being seen. When they came around, we silently went under the truck.

I watched as the two figures went in front of the car and into view. I tensed up as I saw the bodies that belonged to the two voices.

They had teeth like spikes and a long tongue, three vertically arranged eyes on some sort of animal skull with two small curved horns on the top.

Their nails stretched out to where it looked like it could stab right through you.

One picked up Conny while the other slammed down a tank full of blue liquid.

They dropped Conny into the tank like some type of fish. "Damn! I wish I could just have a fingertip!" The first one complained.

"You idiot. It's valuable merchandise, nothing for the likes of us to enjoy." The other explained.

"All the human flesh produced on this farm is high-quality meat, only the rich can afford it." It added.

Another one came around the truck, it was holding some type of chart. Then it began talking to someone that made my drop.

It began to talk about harvesting the children...
With Mom...

I gripped both Emma and Norman's shoulder. I mouthed, "We need to leave. Now!" To them and we silently left without them noticing.

We ran as fast as we could once we were sure we were out of earshot of those things.

Emma fell to her knees as we all struggled to catch our breaths.