(1) Hot Water...Again

It was a quiet crisp fall morning in Brooklyn NY as James Barnes and his wife Winnie was enjoying their breakfast. James was simmering behind the newspaper he was reading. Splashed across Page Six front page. 

"CEO James Barnes III at it again."

Winnie and James were the parents of five kids. Three boys Aiden Bradley and James the third or "Bucky" as he prefers. They also have two daughters Ruthie and Rebecca. The boys are co-CEOs of their family business Barnes Corporation along James' brother Beau and his two boys. James closed the newspaper and slammed it on the table. 

"I'm so sick of that Di'Laurentis girl. She has been his partner in crime since he was 15." He said in a stern tone causing Winnie to jump. 

"Sorry doll." He said 

"Maybe you should just talk to him again. Make him see that every time he does this that it reflects bad on the company." Winnie said 

"Do you think I haven't tried. But this is James we are talking about the only one of our children that has always been the most trouble." James said 

"I know. Believe me I know." Winnie said as she got up from the breakfast table. 

Across town at his apartment Bucky was waking up. He was rubbing his temples after another wild night with his friend Olivia Di Laurentis a hotel heiress. James thought that when Bucky decided he wanted more than being a CEO and got a law degree from Yale that it was going to slow his party boy ways down. 

But now at 32 it has not slowed him down James attributes it Olivia. So because he got his law degree in business law James also added him as a legal aide to the company's legal department.  Once he was dressed and out the door he headed to work. When he arrived he dropped his stuff off in his office and headed upstairs to his dad's office. 

He snuck in quietly as his uncle and dad briefed his brothers and cousins on the upcoming meeting. Bucky stood beside his brother Bradley and mouthed "sorry." To his dad. After Beau was done talking. 

"I need to speak to James alone please." James said 

Everyone else left his office. 

"Dad I'm sorry for being late. I overslept.." he said 

"Because you were hungover." He said as he threw the newspapers at his feet. 

Bucky picked them up he saw him and Olivia leaving a nightclub. 

"So me and Liv had a little fun dad..what's the big deal?" He said as he threw them on the coffee table in his office. 

"Son because I'm getting sick and tired of this shit! I've already had Alexa trying to cover up yet another one of your "nights out." You are 32 and it's time you start acting like it! I'm giving you a month and in that time if I find another one of these you will be terminated." James said 

Bucky blinked back tears. "You can't do that I'm your son and this is a family company." He said 

"I can and I will. I'm sick of you doing this shit and making us all here look bad! You need to cut your ties with that girl and find you a girl that you can settle down with instead of sleeping around or sleeping with her. This has got to stop." James said 

"So you would rather me be boring like everyone else." He said 

"James.." James said as Bucky walked out. 

Bucky holed himself up in his office the rest of the day. He didn't even bother to attend the merger meeting and he had his secretary order him lunch instead joining his dad and brothers. 

Meanwhile at NYU Hospital was Dr Shelby Layne Baxter. She was a pediatric surgeon at NYU she was also the daughter to the former DA Jillian Baxter and her dad was currently the state senator  Thomas Baxter. She was an amazing surgeon who was in the running for a nobel prize. 

Her shift was just ending with a emergency appendectomy on a 7 year old. She grabbed a quick  breakfast and headed home. She lived in a studio apartment in Manhattan where she lived alone as soon as she hit the bed after a hot shower she was out.