o2.

Victoria spent her first year getting to know Hogwarts and all of the things it had to offer. She was quickly welcomed into Slytherin and she easily felt right at home with her housemates.

"Victoria! I'm going to miss you this summer!" Pansy exclaimed, falling backward onto her four poster bed.

"You should come visit!" Victoria suggested and Pansy choked on air as her eyes widened, sitting up to look at her brunette bestie.

"Me? Come to Waldorf Mansion? Are you joking?" Pansy squeaked. Victoria giggled at her best friend. Pansy was the complete opposite when around other people. Pansy could hand out insults left and right, but when it came to Victoria she was a softy, almost afraid of the girl.

"I'm not joking!" Victoria giggled. "It's my home, Pansy! You're my best friend! Of course you should come visit!"

"You do realize your family is like super powerful correct? Your father scares people!" Pansy told the young Slytherin who just rolled her eyes.

"So I've heard, multiple times this year. My father is not a bad person, I don't know why everyone says that he is."

Victoria had heard many rumors about her father throughout the year, the biggest one being that Jasper Waldorf was a Death Eater and Voldemort's right hand man. But that didn't make any sense. Voldemort was no longer around. How could Victoria's father be someone's right hand man if they no longer existed?

Draco, who had been told to keep his distance from Victoria, even urged her to look further into what her father does. He had told her that Jasper was a regular visitor at Malfoy Manor and that could only mean one thing; Jasper was bad.

Victoria knew none of the things her classmates said could be true. She surely would have noticed her father sneaking around doing 'Death Eater things.' She lived with the man her entire life and yes, he was secretive, but he wasn't evil. She just couldn't believe it.

--

As the train filled with students returning home for the summer Victoria found herself in a compartment with Pansy, Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle. She couldn't help but think how different this was from her journey to school just a few months earlier.

Victoria had spoken to Hermione several times throughout the year, but Hermione was best friends now with Harry Potter and he refused to see the good in the Slytherin girl. Victoria had screamed at him once that being in Slytherin didn't automatically mean you were evil; Slytherin had many different characteristics!

She closed her eyes as they began their journey back home. She couldn't wait to give her mother a huge hug and tell both of her parents all about her year.

--

"Victoria! It looks like you've grown a foot since Christmas when we last saw you!" Jasper greeted his daughter as she bounced off the train behind Pansy. Pansy froze as she looked at the man holding his arms out toward his daughter.

Jasper was very tall and slender with stick straight black hair. His eyes, though as bright blue as Victoria's, held a darkness in them that his daughter never saw. Pansy involuntarily shivered as his eyes met hers, a smile tugging at his lips.

"You must be Pansy, Victoria has told her mother and me so much about you," he smiled.

"Yes sir," she smiled back. Maybe he wasn't as bad as everyone said. He just looked very intimidating.

Victoria gave Pansy a long hug before saying goodbye and leaving with her father.

"How are we getting home?" Victoria questioned as Jasper quickly walked further away from the steam engine. She sucked in a deep breath as she tried to force her shorter legs to keep up with her father's long strides.