Plans and Seeing Him

Diya's POV:

I looked at the massive piece of paper, the guy had long hair. His name was written in dark black like very dark black so I read it. After me and Inaya kept the photos and the massive piece of paper back in the drawer, closing the drawer and then we went out, closing the light. We knew that we weren't supposed to go into one of our elders' rooms and be nosy but in all fairness, we blame Inaya for being worried about a bill. Did you know that apparently light costs?

Once we were in our room, Inaya got out some paper and a crayon.

Oh and there was no treats in the room. I think I need to have a serious conversation with bade dadu and choti dadu.

Inaya: so what was his name and how do you spell it?

Me: his name was.....um....

Inaya: did you forget?

Me: no, my head just has a lot of stuff in it! Now let me think.

Inaya rolled her eyes at me as I tried to remember.

Me: I remember.

Inaya: okay, tell me.

Me: O-m-k-a-r-a

Inaya started writing then looked at me again.

Me: kya?

Inaya: surname?

Me: is it really important?

She gave me a look. I may be older but that girl makes me do everything. Last I checked, isn't it supposed to be the older one to boss their siblings around?

Me: surname is M-e-h-t-a.

Inaya once again wrote it down. Once it was all written down, I said: now we can convince Miss Chocolate.

Inaya: don't start yelling at her.

Me: I won't. I'm so sanskaari you know. I always behave, I never back answer. I am such a good girl.

Again Inaya rolled her eyes at me. I am sanskaari. Really. It's just sometimes the only way I can express the way I feel about someone is by talking and maybe nearly losing my temper.....hmmm, maybe I am not that sanskaari.

But if needed, maybe I would need to yell or throw a tantrum. After all if this guy is our dad, then maybe that witch Kamini would stop teasing us.

Suddenly we heard footsteps. Inaya hid the paper underneath the pillow and we quickly changed into our pyjamas. I know we are very clever and very quick.

Mummy: hey girls.

Me and Inaya: mummy!

Mummy: what were you two up to?

Me: kuch nahi.

Mummy: then why was you taking long?

Inaya: bass aisi.

I am so proud of my sister right now for telling a little white lie. Now I know that lying isn't good. It's just sometimes in life, it is necessary to lie. See I am such a good girl.

Mummy: accha, chalo phir. Your bade dadi made you two dinner.

Me and Inaya smiled as we went out. Our mummy just looked at us with some confused look on her face but then she came with us.

As we were eating dinner, I had to whisper something to Inaya.

Me whispering: remember that paper.

Inaya whispering: I'll get it when we get our stuff to go home.

Me whispering: good.

Bade dadi: what are you two whispering about?