Chapter 34

Yoongi's POV

Well it's official.

I've told Chim, Hobi, and Joon. All I have left to tell about my date with Taehyung is Kookie and my mom. Taehyung said he'd come with me to tell my mom later today but I'd have to tell Kookie alone, he wouldn't say why though. Oh well.

"Kookie!" I yell, knowing if the little bunny is here he will come running.

"Yoongs!" He yells, rushing towards me and delivering a crushing hug. Damn this kid ain't small no more!

I slightly screamed as he lifted me and twirled me around until I patted his back gently, telling him to put me down. He listened and gently placed me back on my feet. Oh thank god.

"What is it? You haven't asked for me specifically for awhile," smiling brightly with his toothy smile, I laugh. Ruffling his hair I realize that this kid is quite adorable but I still don't feel the same way as I do when I'm around Taehyung. Hm, interesting.

"I wanted to tell you 'cause your close with Taehyung and I, but starting tomorrow we are officially going on our first date and may end up becoming official afterwards. So for things not to come as a shock I've decided to let everyone close to us know so there isn't any bickering on why no one said something. Cool?" I say, indicating a thumbs up for him to hopefully do the same.

Unfortunately, that was not the case. He looked more solemn...sad. I never saw him with that expression before.

"Kook are you okay?" I questioned, reaching out to his hand.

He held it tightly, firmly as if I was the one that was going to pull away. Weird. The atmosphere drastically changed. It wasn't uncomfortable but it felt as though one word would tear the boy in front of me to tears.

"Um, do you like Taehyung, like 'like' like him?" He whispered softly, eyes staring intently into mine.

Feeling weird under his gaze I think clearly on his question. I mean I'm not the type to go out with someone I at least wasn't fond of but for some reason if I rejected Taehung I'd feel like I'd lose someone who meant everything to me to someone else. Huh.

Feeling confident enough to stare back into the chocolate eyes before me I spoke, "Yeah, I do like Taehyung. A lot most likely, I guess you can say I'm not doing this half-heartily if that's where this is going. I'm taking it seriously and I really care for him."

I notice as Kookie's eyes started to lose composure, looking down I saw a small tear drop down towards the floor. Why is he crying? Everyone I've told was completely okay with it, even Jimin.

"Hey, are you okay? Is it because I did something or was it something I said?"

"No! No, hyung. I just think that," he looked back up at me with his familiar gentle smile that I adore on him, finishing, "That you're really an amazing person and that Taehyung is lucky to be going out with you. Trust me, as long as I've known you, I knew you were never the type to do things half-heartily."

I chuckle, nervously ruffling the back of head.

"I mean that's what I like about you," he whispered faintly, my ears unable to make out what he said.

"What was that?"

Smiling brightly, Kookie replied "nothing!" As he skipped back to the couch, continuing the movie he paused to speak with me.

Confused, I shrug and place on my shoes. Time to head over to the hospital where Taehyung and my mom are waiting.

———————————————————————

I open the door to witness Taehyung laughing with my mom as his head was placed on her lap, herself laying down. Smiling myself, I lightly knock on the door to make myself known before entering completely inside the room.

They both wiped their eyes before acknowledging me with just as much enthusiasm that they were laughing with.

"I'm finally here," I say, walking in and sitting beside Taehyung whom I noticed was wearing his fake black glasses. "I see your wearing those glasses today for our date.'

Taehyung smiled as he slowly caressed the glasses, saying "I mean, they are the glasses you gave me last year for my birthday so obviously I am going to wear them."

My mother giggled at his comment as I scratched the back of my head, a bit shy from his confidence.

"Anyways, Tae was just telling me about the date you guys were going to go on today. I hope you guys have fun tonight~ Also, I especially hope you have fun Yoongs, I warned Tae but we both know that you are going to try to escape every situation you're in; so Tae will be in charge tonight. I'm counting on you!"

My mother said, smiling towards Taehyungs direction at her last statement. I know she didn't mean harm, because everything she said is true. I'm scared for this date but I know it's something I want to try and need to get out of my comfort zone to achieve.

"Mom, I think were going to start heading out now. Hobi should be here with Joon in a couple hours so you should rest before then 'cause we both know how energetic he is when he's here," I say, smiling as my mother nodded, squirming herself underneath her blankets.

"Ready," Taehyung said extending his hand to me.

I smiled, taking his hand as we both said our goodbyes to my mother, exiting the door to our next location.

"Sooooooo, you really want to bring me to an empty location on our first date...how scandalous."

"Shut up Tae~ you know I'm not like that. Besides, I brought my book so I definitely want to show you. The reason its empty though is because your the only one I want to show."

"I see, well I'm looking forward to it! Must be something good if your blushing~"

"Tae!"

—————————————-

Thank you all for your patience (: Imma try my best to get these chapters out sooner 👍 I appreciate y'all!