Chapter 3

Question, how are you all feeling about not having someones POV ? is it confusing? Please let me know. 

The next day I went in for my second shift at the mall, one of the sand which places near Spencer's work, I felt ashamed that I didn't tell him the truth about the job and Ari.

It's not that I don't want to tell him or anyone, they all think she's my little sister since my parents don't believe in the contraceptive pill; though they learnt that the hard way when I had sex for the first time.

When they knew I was in what I thought was a long term relationship with Ari's father, now he's not in our life. They make sure Scott has always got condoms, and for Sami, they are still yet to give his first box, but I can tell it will be soon. When Ari was born, they gave him the 'talk' at 8 years old.

I arrived at work and said hello to my workmates while putting on my apron and hat, along with gloves, taking over from Matt, who funnily has a game today with Scott.

During my shift, Aldine also has a daughter Ari's age, and both go to the same school as her. Adeline is the only one who knows about Ari, plus I felt comfortable telling Adeline.

As we were speaking, I saw a familiar face, Adeline smirked at me. "shut up" I mouthed. "How can I help you today," I asked, looking down.

"Hi can please get a chicken schnitzel with bacon and cheese," the man spoke.

"Any salad?" I question looking up, hoping he sees me with my hat firmly on my head, covering my face.

"Yes please," he replied, smiling looking at me. "Hey, since when do you work here?" He asked.

"A few weeks ago, I'm trying to build up a small amount of money to put down on a house form myself and Scott," I tell Spencer, He nod.

"What salads would you like," I question moving on to what he wanted in his sandwich. "Onion, lettuce, tomato and avocado," he replied. "Would you like it toasted?" I asked.

"Yes, please" he smiled.

"When do you finish work?" I ask Spencer.

"I've just finished, I'm about to head off to my game," Spencer tells me. Nodding I finish making his sandwich, wrapping it up before giving him the amount he owes the sandwich shop.

I hand Spencer his sandwich waving him goodbye; I wait till Adeline finishes serving her customer. "How am I going to tell him?" I Whined too Adaline, wanting her to give me the answer.

"Maybe it's because you like him, I sucked it up when I told Jason, he isn't Millie's father, Jason is his substitute father, and he was fine about it," Adeline made a good point. I do like Spencer, but I don't think I like him like that.

"My advice. Ari needs someone to take her to a daddy-daughter dance if Scott said no, she doesn't want her granddad to take her. Ari wants dad to take her. He doesn't want to be a part of her life. So tell Spencer about Ari and ask him to take your daughter to her dance. Suppose it moves into something if it doesn't work. So what, move on, or make him jealous." Adeline told me, nodding I think about it...

Adeline and I started to close up. "go get Ari, and ask him, tell him, I'll add in your time" Adeline smiled, giving her my apron. I raced out of the sandwich store, into the car park, heading home to collect my daughter and to see Spencer.

_________________

Scarlet rushed home picking up Ari and headed to Spencer's game.

"Mummy, where are we going?" Ari asked her mother.

"Well, I thought we could ask Spencer to take you to your dance together?" I started, "Are you going to tell him I'm your daughter," Ari asked me. "Yes, and no more questions, I will tell you a little later," speaking to her threw the revision mirror.