Chapter 38

"Honey, " my mom touches my hand. I look up and see her, "you okay?" She asks with concern. "Yeah, let me taste your drink," I extend my hand to hold but she moves her cup aside.

"Momm!" She smiles, "it is from my hubby, " she takes a sip, "ask your bf for yours." I pouted like a child, "but I don't have one," I cross my hands with a long tiring whiff.

"I thought you have more than 1," she sits on the couch. "Mom, you... I am going. " I stomp the floor with a frown before going to my room.

"Why Mom said like that even when I don't have a boyfriend."  Slowly I am moving in the direction of my room, "but I don't even have a boyfriend? Everyone of my age had settled and had more than 10 breakups or having a loving boyfriend. Then why I am like this? " I open my door and have lazily moved towards my bed. My mind has blocked for a second after seeing the picture before me. I have gasped and closed my mouth with both hands.

"Jack, move!" Ed pushes the leg, Emily. She gives out a soft murmur in the sleep. After a few sec, she speaks in the sleep, "Ana, lemme sleep, " she again puts her leg over Ed's torso and pulls Ed towards her. They both facing each other on the bed.

Ed wakes up from sleep to get awestruck. He suddenly jumps out of the bed with a shock and his ass has landed on the floor. Emmy has awakened because of the commotion created by Ed.

She lazily sits in the bed with sleepy eyes and stretches her torso while Ed looks at her with a completely open mouth.

She sees me while stretching, "Hi, Ana! My head, auhhhh!" She holds her head on either side with her palms, "get me a Hangover Drink, Ana. Please...my head is spinning. " now she sees Ed who is on the floor with confusion.

"What's he doing like that? " she asks me. He stands and comes to me with a pointing finger in the direction of Emmy, "How is she... In my room...Sis...?" Ed has stammered while talking. "Mr Open your eyes. This is Ana's room. " Emily rolls her eyes at Ed with crossed hands.

"Yes, but. But. But..." Ed stammers. "Huh, what but. But? " Emmy gets out of the bed. "What's going on here, Ana? " we all turn our heads in the direction. Jack comes out of my washroom. "You...here?" I point him. "Yea..! Umm night, I saw you in Ed's room when I woke up for water. Umm, the washroom door hadn't opened in my room sooo...I used yours." He shrugs his shoulders, "but wait!" He points to Ed, and Emmy, "you too... " Ed clears his throat.

"Dare not, Jack," he warns Jack. "Why, I will. Dear Friend. " Jack hides behind.

"Fuck up guys, " Emmy puts her hands on either side of her hip. She turns to me, "what the fuss is about, Ana?".

"Don't you know?" Ed rushes to her and goes back irritatedly with a hand on his head and his left hand on his hip.

I lay my right hand on Emmy's shoulder, "Hahaha, nothing. You slept with Ed.".

She blinks her eyes for a few seconds,  suddenly she says, "What?!". " Means, you just slept beside him that too only for an hour or two. " I justify my answer.

"But this is your room and I thought you were the one on the bed so.." She moves her hands in the air while explaining why she has slept on the bed.

"It is okay, Emmy. Nothing has happened. Leave everything here. " I hug her.

Jack and Ed have left the room. Ed has rolled his eyes at Emmy before going out. "You are also like me to him. " I say to her. She breaks the hug suddenly, "huh?" I see her face, "I am not a sister to anyone, " she goes to bed and sits there silently. ".

I sit beside her, "okay, we're friends, and nothing happened between you too. " I pull her up, "go fresh up, we have work, and you should help your friend with her ..." Luke's picture strikes my mind suddenly so I forget what I am talking about. ". "Ana, " Emmy shakes my hand, "are you here. ". "Of course, go" I push her into the bathroom.

"Today I have a date with Luke. Shit! I forgot. " I have closed my eyes and opened, "but why felt sad for forgetting him. Wait! Why I am excited to go out with him? " I am talking with myself in my mind. "Oh, Satan! What happened to me?".

My mobile beeps. The mobile screen displays a received message. I have opened the message. It is from Luke.

Message 1:
Good morning, Anamika...😃

Reply from me:
Good morning, Mr Brown😃

Message 2:
Hi!
how's ur party, yesterday?
Hope u enjoyed it.

"Enjoyed, my foot! Wait, I forget about the book. It was in Ed's room. ". I am thinking in my head.

Message 3:
Hey, Ana! Are you there?

Reply from me:
Yeah! Mr Brown.
Not enjoyed really.

I have messaged him while going to Ed's room. I hear Jack's voice when I am holding Ed's room doorknob. " hey, dude! Is this yours?" I see him with the book of my mother. "No, that's mine. Left here last night. " I take the book from Jack's hand in a rush. "Wooo...what's in there. Why the rush.?" Before he completes I come outside. Jack sees Ed, to get an answer for my behaviour but he shrugs and goes to the washroom.

Message 4:
Why?

Reply from me:
MrBrown, can I message you later.

Message 5:
It's okay, Ana.
But remember your promise, tonight☺

A smile has appeared on my face without my knowledge after seeing the message from him.

Message 6:
Could not wait to see you tonight.
Waiting for the evening 😄
Bye, have a nice day😘

I have shocked by the symbol.

Message 7:
😘this is a mistake, sorry sorry.

Reply from me:
It's okay, MrBrown.
Bye😃.

I put my phone aside and see the book. I should read this tonight to solve the puzzles in my life.

A few hours later.

I am in the hospital room, "Huh, my legs." I lay on the bed and fall into sleep.

It is a peaceful sleep. It relaxes my tired mind and body. I have been in an operation theatre for 4 hours to assist my senior. Now it is 3 p.m. sleep is taking away my pain slowly. I am taking my breadth rhythmically. But who would have an idea that I am a favourite to someone other than Satan?

'Anamika, no one can save you from me.' She holds my throat loosely but that grip is tightening gradually and gives uneasiness to my body. My body has started struggling for air. I am gasping for air in sleep. She speaks in my ear while squeezing my throat, 'I promise to give you a horrible night tonight that you ever have had in your life. I make you weep, whimper and I'll show you hell in the earth. I'll take you to the edge of your death but won't let you die. You know he could not come here until you take the first step of death and I take you to the edge and leave. I haunt you and make sure, you do not achieve your life's goal. I am struggling with the air. My body is at the edge to go weak. My hands searching for the things that grip my neck but nothing is there. I can't open my eyes. My body hair stands straight to the voice. The silly thing is I have not seen her in my dream and the worst thing is no one is in the room to help me. Isn't it luck?