Love

I came to the place that Rose and I met up to snog, still thinking about how to break something like this to her. I wanted to avoid it, but she had to know. So, how do I say it? Hey Rose, your little brother got abducted because somebody wants to take you captive. No, that wouldn't work. How about, Rose, I am so so so very sorry but your brother was taken because somebody wants you instead. No, that would still make her cry or blame me. What do I do? 'Rosie,' No... 'Rose', do I address her by her real name or nickname. I am trying to get a girl here!!! 

She came looking beautiful, as always. I looked at her and said, "You don't have to kiss me for this one." She looked confused. I took her hand and said, "Rose, I have to tell you something." She looked scared. "What is it Scorpius?" I loved it when she called me Scorpius. "Rose, the kidnappers didn't want your brother because of him." "What do you mean Scorp?" I paused. "I mean... The kidnapper, you know, Delphi, kidnapped your brother because of.... you." I knew I had the wrong delivery when she crumpled into my arms. "You mean... he was abducted... because of me?" She asked. I cried. We stayed hugging for about five straight minutes, until she pushed herself out softly. "Scorpius, let's give the kidnappers what they want." I stopped. "Rose, what do you mean?"

"I mean, let's give the kidnappers who they actually want. Me." I stared at her. "Rose, that's unsafe for you!" She shook her head. "I want my baby brother back with my parents. I don't care if I'm the cost." She was dead serious. "Rose, I will personally march over there and rescue your brother, but you can't go. I'll hold you in my arms forever if I have too. Your parents will be devastated if you never come back!" I tried to sway her, but she had an iron will. 

"Scorpius, I want to start planning. My brother is out there somewhere with a knife to his throat because his kidnapper wants his sister. Please let me at least try to rescue him!"

My father always said I was a follower. I now see proof of that, because I agreed. 

So much for trying to match  her iron will.