Chapter 18 ( Celebrate )

Celebrate

It's almost past 9 in the evening when Ralph got home. He was a bit surprised because of the light illuminating from the garden as he parked in the garage. He can see it because there's a short cut at the back of the garden.

He thought that his mom and dad had left to go to Manila? When he and his older sister Ashley were left at home, it was always quiet because his sister is often locked up in her room.

Out of curiosity he quietly walked slowly to the back of the garden. A beautiful smile flashed on his face and he almost cried when his parents and his godfather Andrew and godmother Monisha were also there.

"Mom! Dad, you're here!" He said and immediately kissed his mommy on the cheek and hugged her daddy.

"Of course son, we were supposed to go to Manila but your mother Monisha changed her mind." his mom said.

"Hello godmother Monisha". then he kissed her on the cheek and hugged his godfather Andrew lightly.

"Hi, my dear Ralph! How's school? Why are you late?" his godmother asked while greeting him happily.

"I just took Gena home," he explained shyly.

"Gena, ommo! Is that a girl's name? My!  Our baby already has a girlfriend?" his godmother asked one after another.

"Godmother, no. She's not my girlfriend. She will be my date on my birthday that's why I accompanied her to your boutique to fit the gown she's going to wear." he denied afterward.

"Ahh, I see. I think we are going to meet her on your birthday? Is she pretty? This is the first time you mentioned a girl." his godmother asked him and as if she was feeling giddy too.

"Yes godmother you will meet her and guess what? She looks like you in some ways even your expression." Said Ralph remembering Gena's face.

Ralph was suddenly taken aback.

"Wait? Did I hear it right? You will be here on my birthday?" Ralph asked in shock.

"Of course son, we will be here. We can't miss it. We know we have been missing special occasions especially your birthdays these past few years, but we'll make it up to you." His dad answered happily.

"Thanks, dad! This is the best birthday gift ever," he replied with a smile.

"Son, your godmother Monisha just had one request for you. I hope you will agree?" her mom asked.

"What is it, godmother? Of course, your wish is my command you know I love you godmother. I will do everything to make you happy." He said at the same time while asking his godmother.

"Since you will celebrate your sixteenth birthday in 2 weeks and if my daughter is with me or with us if .." she stopped for a moment to suppress her emotions.

"I think she already turned 16 last December I still remember but hmm, anyway Ralph can I organize your sixteenth birthday? Promise I won't ruin the theme of your party ." his godmother apologize and sounded pleading.

"Of course godmother! Whatever will make you happy. It's up to you, treat this as your daughter's birthday. Let's celebrate my birthday together. Wherever she is now, I hope her life is good and she's healthy, happy, kind and beautiful like you my godmother. "I agreed without hesitation.

"Really! really son!? Thank you!" his godmother said and hugged him tightly and when they separated he saw that there were tears in her eyes.

"Godmother, I can feel it we will soon find your daughter. Who knows she's just anywhere or you already met or you will meet her on my birthday so be positive that will be my wish. I will wish it in advance, I wish that your daughter will appear soon . " saying it to comfort his godmother.