14. Stephan's Wife?

Stephan POV

The next morning I feel something weighing down on my chest. I open my eyes to find Sergio laying on top of me.

Is she serious?

I peel her off of me without waking her up.

Last night after Sergio when to sleep Daniel came in and looked at my injuries. Once the adrenaline wore off I realized there was a fucking hole in my back. Nothing major just hella blood coming from my upper back.

I go into the bathroom. I look at the bloody bandage. When Sergio fell I didnt think about it and just let her fall into my arms.  The impact from the pavement damn near broke my back.  Curling up was the best thing I could think of in the moment to protect my head. I figured hitting my head would cause more problems.

But this shit still hurts like a bitch.

I shower, change, then go to my office. I sit at my desk and my phone rings. I answer.

"What?" I say. "Are you coming to Texas, yes or no?" I look at the caller ID, my mother.

"No I'm busy." I say.

"Let me rephrase that. Are you coming to your damn wedding?!" she shouts.

"No I'm busy." I repeat.

"Your getting married for fucks sakes! Take some responsibility  for once in your life." she lectures me about the same thing I'm been hearing all my life.

Responsibility.

"Mother, I haven't met this woman. I've seen a picture and I don't remember what she looks like. Why would you think I'd want to marry her?" I ask. "Your gonna be here next week, if not I will take everything you own, do you understand?" she threatens. "Yeah, yeah. I don't care. Look mother I have real things to worry about. If you want to marry me to some chick go ahead, but I'm not taking the time to fly to Texas for some formal wedding. I'll sign your paper, pay the chick off, then never speak about this again. deal." I say.

She's quiet for a moment then speaks, "Ok deal. I'll cancel the wedding and send her and my lawyer to you in New York." she says. "Alright. Whatever your planning, don't. If I even think something's up I'll take the girl and lawyer to my red room." I threaten. "Nothing's up, son. When did you stop believing in your dear mother?" she ask.

I have the exact time and date.

I just hang up.

That fucking woman needs a hobby or a casket.

I start working for about an hour and a half until the door opens. "Go away." I says, keeping my eyes on my laptop.

"Umm Mr. Stephan?" I hear a little girl's voice. I look down and see three little girls dressed in matching purple dresses and styled hair.

Who set this up?

"See he's not super mean." Sergio whispers to the others. I look back at my laptop and they search around the room.

"What's this say?" Sophia asks. "I don't know I can't read that." Sergio answers.

I look up and they're standing around a dictionary. Scarlet takes the book and puts it on the self.

"It was probably boring anyway." Sophia says.

They walk around looking at stuff. "Where is it!?" Sergio shouts at me. "Where's what, child?" I ask.

She points at where the bottles were.

"Little girl that isn't for kids!" I tell her. "Yes it is! Give me the apple juice!" she demands.