A night of "fun"

Chapter 3: A night of "fun"

"ROWAN! Get your butt back here right now!" I shouted. He turned around and smirked, then kept walking. I tried to run after him but Lillian and Grace held me back. Finally Rowan stopped walking, but only because he had finally reached his target. Matthew. Panic quickly filled my body. I almost fainted as I saw Matthew look my way. What in the world was Rowan saying to him. Then I saw Rowan come running back, Matthew still in the same spot as before. "Look what I got..." "What Rowan? What did you get ?" I said angrily. He shoved his hand in front of my face. "Matthew's number of course." "No way!" Grace said in disbelief. "Yes way". Rowan replied. "Well Sky here you go, merry Christmas" Rowan teased. "Sky, are you gonna pull out your phone or what ?" Kaylen said. "I -I uh" I sputtered. "Jeez Sky, just let me do it." Rowan snapped. I just continued to sit there in total disbelief. "There it's done, Matthew's number is now in your phone, and you should give him a call tonight." "TONIGHT?!" I finally sputtered. "Yes tonight, when else ?" Rowan asked. "Well I mean, I just got his number, shouldn't I wait ?" "Why would you need to wait"

I turned around and there he was. Matthew, towering above me, with those big hazel eyes staring into me." "Uh Matthew h-hi" "Hello, now why would you need to wait." "I don't know, I just thought that if I waited it would seem a little less desperate, if you know what I mean." "Yeah that makes sense, anyway I was wondering if you had any um..plans..tonight ?" Matthew asked. "I don't think so" I replied. "Well then, would you like to go out...with me...tonight?" "Yeah sure, that sounds great." I said "Well then, text me a little later so we can work out the details". Matthew replied. "Will do, see you later." I told him. "Bye". He said.

Later that day I caught up with Tucker in the parking lot to go home, and told him the events that occurred in the gym. "Really? And I missed all that? No fair." "Yes really, and it's ok it really wasn't that big of a deal." I said "Sky are you kidding, you've been crushing on matty since you were 12. Of course it's a big deal." Tucker replied. "I don't know what to say when I text him, how do I even talk to him." I asked. "Just ask him what he wants to do tonight and when I guess." "Ok yeah that's- that's a good start." I replied nervously. "Alright then start with that, but we need to get going, we can't stand in the parking lot all day."

"Hey. Do you have an idea as to what you would like to do tonight ?" -Matthew.
"Hey! Yeah there's a cute restaurant that just opened down by the lake, would that be ok?" I replied. "Yeah that sounds awesome, how does 8 work for you?" Matthew wrote. "8 is just fine, see you then." I replied. "Alright, see you later."

I looked at the clock. 6:00! I only had 2 hours to take a shower, do my hair, makeup, and pick out an outfit. Not to mention I hadn't shaved in weeks. "I'd better get ready!" I hopped in the shower, washed, and conditioned my hair, shaved, exfoliated, and washed my body with bath and body works winter candy apple body wash. (Aka my favorite scent). I hopped out of the shower, and dried off quickly. At this point I had about an hour before Matthew was supposed to show up. I picked out a white floral romper, with brown sandals. I quickly did my makeup which was natural, and curled my hair. Great 7:45, now it was time to wait for Matthew to show up. I decided to scroll through instagram for a little bit, looked at the time. Hmm it's 8:00. Maybe he's running a little late. I decided to shoot him a text. "Hey I'm ready you on your way?" I waited a few minutes, checked my phone again, 8:15. Still no response. "Great, just great" I said upset. I should've expected this.