𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯: 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘗𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦

S T E V E N

S T E V E N

[College Days]

All I wanted was peace, but the world seems selfish.

I was in college when I met Anton. I thought a kid like him, a popular, charismatic college student like him, would never be friends with a poor guy like me.

I wasn't the kid who always end up in the corner of darkness as kids hurt me. In fact, I was the one who bullies kids because I thought it would make me calm until Anton made me realize that it only made me look bad.

"Come on, give me your money! Or do you want me to hurt you more?"

"Okay, okay! I will! It's- it's in my wallet!" the poor target says as he points his blue backpack. I walk over it and unzips it before turning it upside down; his school supplies scatter on the ground. When I see no wallet, it made me angrier.

"You son of a bitch think that you can fool me like that, huh!? No. That's a big mistake, fatty. And now? I'm going to hurt you again until you pee your pants over and over again!" I threatened and about to punch him when someone catches my arm, stopping me midway. I glare over the man who interfered; he seems rich and gentlemanly. "What the-"

"Run along, kid. Let me handle this." He says that made the poor guy not and pick up his stuff before leaving. When there's only the two of us there, he let go of my hand. "Here. . . How much do you want? Are a hundred dollars enough? Or let me double it. Two hundred, no? Okay, how about two-fifty?" He confidently asks as he takes out his wallet and about to give me the bill when I slap his hand away, his wallet ending up on the ground.

"You dare to insult me, boy!?" I ask, now wanting what he just did. "You really think this is all about money, huh?"

"Then what is it? Pride? Power? Being feared? You really think it's worth it?" he asks, which hits me hard. Why am I doing this again?

Not wanting him to go on, I decided to attack him, but I ended up failing after he sidesteps skillfully, dodging my punch. The last thing I remember is him hitting me almost without breaking a sweat. When I was on the ground, I remember him stretching his hand for me to take it. I was hesitant, but I did it anyway.

"Hey. Whatever the reason for this? It's not worth it, man. Do you seriously want others to fear you than respect you? Does it make you feel less human if you decide to be good?"

And because of that, I decided to change.

How much scare

"Where are we going, exactly?" I ask Anton as he keeps his gaze ahead. I am currently seated in the back seat while Jeremy's on the passenger.