"you have potential kid"

notes:
it takes place a few days after the sports festival, aizawa has healed and offers to train shinsou.
—————————
Shinsou was listening to Mic-sensei's high-pitched voice talking in english, he had zoned out, unable to follow the lesson because of his lack of sleep, that was quite noticeable by looking at the bags of his eyes, sometimes the teachers and his classmates looked at him curiously or worried; they didn't know much about him since he never opened up with anyone, always staying on his own; he always brushed off those looks not caring about others opinions of him. His mission was to get to the hero course and become the hero who saves people, proving everyone his is not a villain's quirk.

His thoughts were cut off by the sound of the classroom door opening and the loud scream of his teacher.
Eraserhead, the underground hero, UA teacher AND Shinsou's favorite hero walked in the room; the last time Shinsou had seen him was in the sports festival covered in bandages, it looked like Aizawa healed, and Hitoshi felt relieved, yet nervous with the Hero's presence in his class.
The tired looking man whispered something to Yamada who then smiled, his face almost looked proud, Aizawa then turned to the class and scanned it, his eyes stopping on the purple haired boy who tensed his shoulders and slowly looked behind him, hoping Aizawa wasn't looking at him.

"Shinsou Hitoshi right? I'd like to speak in private to you" to say Shinsou was panicking inside was an understatement, did he do anything wrong? he hasn't used his quirk since the sports festival so he couldn't be in trouble for that, is it because he provoked his class? He stood up and nodded following the tall man outside, glancing at Present mic who was smiling and giving him the thumbs up, 'weird' he thought.

once they got outside aizawa turned to him with the usual serious, sleepy face he always had.
"I'll make this short, I saw you at the sports festival, your match with Midoriya, and I think with the right training you could be a Hero -is this real life? am I dreaming- I know you want to get in the hero course and I know the entrance exam is unfair, so I decided to train you." He finished, waiting for an answer from Shinsou, who, at the moment, was staring at the man with a slightly shocked face, he quickly returned to his normal blank face and responded "Thank you Eraserhead, but are you sure? I mean you have classes and hero work and I don't-" he was cut off by aizawa saying "I already arranged everything to be suitable with my work and school, I just need your approval"
'why is he wasting his time with me? he doesn't even like students most of the time' he kept thinking, but that's a question for another day, he couldn't believe THE Eraserhead was offering to train him to get to the hero course.

"yes yes of course, thank you so much eraserhead for this opportunity, I will do my best" he said, nervously
"It's settled then, go back to your class before Mic comes irritating me, i'll tell you the schedule tomorrow, bye" he finished, turning around and walking away with his hands on his pockets, without waiting for Shinsou to answer.

The purple haired boy let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding, still quite shocked, he looked around to check if anyone was nearby and just then slowly walked back in his class.
As soon as he did all eyes were on him, making him feel anxious with the sudden attention, the class was staring at him with a questioning look, Mic-sensei smiled widely and pointed gun-fingers to show reassurance, Shinsou lowered his head muttering an excuse to Mic for interrupting the lesson while walking back to his seat in the back of the class. Yamada was wondering why Shinsou didn't look happy, he thought he would finally get to see Shinsou smile or at least his face looking slightly less blank for once, 'did he refuse the offer? i'm sure he wouldn't refuse such thing, he's so devoted in becoming a hero'
he'll just ask his friend when he sees him, he thought going back to his lesson.

If only Yamada knew, Shinsou couldn't stop thinking he was a bother to Aizawa, 'usually that's what kids are to adults' , his family told him that, they said his quirk made them look bad, since he was the only one with that kind of quirk; his quirk was passed by his grand grandfather, it was a really rare quirk to get, 'when something it's rare, it's supposed to be amazing and special, why isn't my quirk then?'
after that, the lesson was over and packed his backpack to go back home, hoping his parents would still be at work.

~time-skip to the next day given to me by all might~

Shinsou walking walking down the corridor, or better, dragging his feet down the corridor with a cup of coffee in his hand; he wasn't a morning person. Aizawa approached him a few moments later calling his name, Shinsou almost didn't hear him for how low the teacher's voice was, "good morning sensei" he turned to the teacher slightly bowing his head, Aizawa passed him a paper saying "Good morning, I printed the schedule for you, we'll meet after school today to talk about you quirk first, I have some questions"
Shinsou quickly nodded glancing at the paper which also said the meeting places, when he looked back up he saw a tall blonde man, who he then recognized to be Present Mic, almost running in their direction looking at them "uhm sensei? I think Mic-sensei is running in your direction??" he said and Aizawa sighed telling Shinsou to go to his class.

"Shooouutaaa~~" Mic said while patting the mans shoulder "soo, how is it going? did Shinsou agree? i couldn't figure it out yest-"
Aizawa stopped him saying in a low, deep voice "he did, why would you think he wouldn't" he sighed again starting to walk in the office direction, Mic catched up right after "I don't know, I couldn't understand it from his expression yesterday when he walked back in class, he reminds me of you, ya know?" Aizawa stopped him again already knowing where the conversation would go
"don't even start- I just saw potential in him and decided to train Shinsou, don't you have better to do than annoy me right now?"
Hizashi sat in his desk showing the papers he was grading and adding "if you say so~, but he really does look like you, the face the attitude-" he stopped talking when he saw Aizawa zip inside the sleeping bag while glaring at him "ok i'll let you sleep".

Little did he know, Yamada was completely right, he just wouldn't admit it, knowing what he had to go through to become a hero all in his own he couldn't let a kid do the same, also he kinda saw himself in Shinsou, so that was a point in favor, 'at least his attitude isn't like his classes' Aizawa thought, he really wouldn't enjoy to see another energetic kid jumping around and causing trouble after school.

—————————

if you have any requests or something you'd like to read i could try and write it🥺

AUTHORS NOTE
this is my first ff about anime, (pls correct me if there's any mistakes) andd I hope you liked it the next ones are going to be mostly about the actual training and some funny things that happen between them, in my os you're gonna see a lot of yamada nemuri (tensei too) and aizawa hanging out together because i can't recover from vigilantes and I love their friendship, let me know in the comments if you have any requests i'll try to write them👉🏻👈🏻