III - Compassion

"Old man, tell me again why we're in the middle of a clearing in a forest in the middle of the fricking evening?" Complains Jotaro, as he half-assedly dragged his flip-flops along the dirt whilst you dutifully followed.

"Just follow me, you'll see," Was the reply of the burly senior, walking alongside the friend he brought from Egypt.

There you followed, clad in nothing but your comfortable evening wear suitable for the chilly nights of Japan and the comforts of sleeping... Despite your fatigued state, you followed your Grandfather, trusting that he won't drag you to trouble or some underage drinking. You figured much, since he didn't tell you to dress up for the occasion nor did he bothered to dress up. As you held the urge to yawn, you merely rubbed your tired eyes whilst your feet slaved away and followed you along.

You don't know what Grandfather dearest was planning; he discretely told you to silently sneak off the house without your mother's notice, as if it was not questionable enough. The cold breeze ran pass your skin and seeped through the fabric of your clothing, you pocketed your hands to conceal them away from the chilly breeze.

Without your notice, Jotaro peered from the brim of his hat to observe you from aside as you hid your complaints to yourself regarding the weather, rolling his eyes at your dedication to stay polite in every situation possible to the point of not even attending to your own needs. It was not impolite to say you're cold, heck, you didn't need to be always polite in the first place. He just questions your morals sometimes.

Sighing, the ebony haired male sheds his jacket before draping it across your shoulders. Your head jerked up the moment his fingers brushed on your shoulders, the warm cottony feeling of his coat covered your shoulders and eased you from the cold climate. Upon seeing your sudden recoil, he knew you didn't expected this certain endearing gesture.

I'm cold but I don't need it, he needs it more than I do."

Even if Jotaro were to be blessed with the ability to read minds, he'd find it useless; your expression says it all already. His narrowed his gaze towards you, as you shrugged the coat off before grasping it by the collar.

You turned to your twin, reaching for the coat attempting to hand it back to him, "Jotaro, you need it more than I do—"

"Shut your mouth and just take it," you flinched at his harsh tone, reeling away upon instinct. The ebony haired male mentally frowned in regret, he physically clicked his tongue to conceal this weakness. The younger twin pinches the brim of his hat before tilting it down, "Tsk, you just came from the hospital, you should be resting. Once this shit's over with, you're heading straight to your room. If it weren't for the old man, then you would've been sleeping right now." The brooding figure simply turns away, averting your gaze. He dismissively walked forward to avoid your gaze.

You pursed your lips, clutching the fabric draped in your shoulder. Clearly he was cold, hence he brought the coat with him, surely he needs it more than you do. But with his demanding tone telling you to wear it simply because you just recovered from an almost fatal injury with the possibility of relapse made you take his demand and do whatever he says.  And instead of insisting to return his coat, you simply nodded with a sigh of defeat.

After shrugging the jacket on, you turned to the younger twin and gave him a smile. "Thank you, Jojo."

"Good grief," sighs Jotaro. "The next time we're going out in the middle of the cold fucken' evening, bring a jacket not an umbrella. You look like a shivering bitch back there."

"Hey! Quit calling your twin names!" Joseph interjects, pointing a finger at the younger twin.

"Mister Joestar, I think this is the perfect spot," Avdol pitches in, halting abruptly in a massive forest clearing with his hands clasped together.