Trapped

The walls of the room were marred, and where they were once white and sterile there were bits of everything crumbled on the floor. The light that pushed through the wall sized windows on one side glinted maliciously off of the metal levers puncturing the 'perfect' room. The magna-clamps that held so tight against the wall gave a small, almost green glow, that would have been prominent and eerie if it were night. The floor and walls were tarnished by cuts and scars of varying depth and littered with utensils likely used by the workers who used the offices beyond the door. The people below the tower were tiny but from the window one would no longer see the fearful running and hiding from the monsters once crowding the streets. Now the city below was teaming with scattered celebrations for those who saved them and for those who survived the invasion. The only thing penetrating the gathered groups were ambulances with tops glowing red to help those who were injured in the crossfire.

None of this, however, was what Rose Tyler was paying attention to. Rose Tyler was in the 'Ghost Room' formerly described, leaning against the one wall that retained its perfection. This wall was the one that lead into the void, where all of the enemies were trapped forever and this wall was the one that took her love. Unlike the families and neighborhoods that were celebrating in the streets below Rose had no one. She had saved the world and in doing so sacrificed everything. Tears ran down her face and angry screams were freed from her mouth unwillingly. She cried against the wall that took her love for what seemed like hours before she realized that she had to calm down. She had to figure it out on her own now. There was no one left to save her. Her love was gone.

Rose was once again alone, trapped on Earth without the Doctor. But this time they couldn't come back.