Trust

CHAPTER ONE

CALLISTA
When will people learn not to mess with me? I hate people touching me and when they do, I will make sure that they regret it. I don't care who you are or why your touching me, I just can't stand it. I don't know how I can make it any more clear to all of the idiots that don't understand anything.

"Don't touch me, do you not understand?" I screamed at Daniel, all he did was laugh. Very mature. I whipped my head around "You too!" I yelled to Abby as I pointed my finger at her "Aw the poor baby can't stand being touched." I gritted my teeth together and swung my arm, aiming for Abby. Someone had quickly grabbed my fist from behind me, "Miss Katsopolis, correct me if you will but were you not about to hit Miss Smith?" I bit my lip as I shook my head in amusement, of course a teacher won't even let me throw one punch before stopping me. "You're not wrong" I said bitterly, scrunching up my eyebrows as his hand was still wrapped around my fist, I tried my best to remain calm but that didn't work for long. My throat was going dry and my eyes were watery "CAN YOU PLEASE LET GO OF ME, SIR!" I screamed, concern arose in his face before he quickly let go "I'm sorry, Miss Katsopolis." I scoffed as I stormed out of the classroom, making my way outside to get some fresh air.

Footsteps quickly approached me from behind before stopping in front of me "Callista, I'm sorry. I wasn't even thinking when I grabbed your fist" I shook my head "No need to apologise. I'm easy to forget, I know that" he gestured towards the nearby tree, I sighed and followed him. We both sat down, his knee was touching mine but I did everything in my power to ignore it. "You know that isn't what I meant." I sighed as I wiped my eyes "It doesn't matter, I'm used to it" his hand floated over my knee before he pulled it away "Callie–.." my head never turned so fast, I almost gave myself whiplash "Please don't call me that" I stammered, licking my dry lips. "Nicknames not really your thing?" He asked "Nicknames lead to letting people into your life, I don't want that. Especially that nickname" he nodded his head "You're going to have to let people in at some point, Callista. Why won't you let me in?" I looked him in the eyes, his eyes were a pretty hazel colour "Why do you want to be in my life?" I asked "Because you need someone you can trust, I can be that someone for you. If you would just let me" I sighed as I looked out in the distance "Maybe some day but not today. Goodbye Mr Grayson." He slowly stood up as his knee brushed against mine, holding his hand out "I'm not going to bite" he chuckled. I took a deep breath as I let him wrap his fingers in mine and pull me up to my feet. "Thanks." I mumbled quietly. "We should head back to class now" I gently pulled my hand away from his "I'm going home now. You're not stopping me" I demanded as I walked off "If you touch me, I will scream" I added on as I walked out of the front gates of the school "Callista, come back here right now!" I turned my head to him "Cute, you think I'll listen" I mumbled as I walked down the pathway. I watched as he marched his way towards me, throwing me over his chiseled shoulder "Put me down or I will scream!" I yelled "I don't care if you scream, you'll just be bringing the attention to yourself." I frowned "Please just let me go home. I really need to go right now!" he put me down finally "Why do you need to go home so badly, Callista?" I bit my lip "Please sir, just let me" I begged, he sighed as he combed his fingers through his hair "Alright. Go" I squealed "Oh thank you! Thank you!" I waved to him as I ran out the gates and made my way home.