Chapter 4

I looked among rapidly tangling bodies moving to past me on the side walk. I dodged as  girls and boys zig zagged out of eachothers way, some literaly runing to finaly be out of school and going home.

I stopped in the front of the school across the street from the school parking lot and looked around aimlessly. Alice probably woulnt meet me. I should just go home. why was I waiting.

I thought to myself, discouragingly.

And then I seen her. Walking toward me stepping deliberatly off of the sidewalk and into the grass.

"Hi", managed to slip out of my mouth before she walked past me grabbing the arm of my sweater and pulling me with her. She pulled me across the grass and toward a big tree sitting in the middle of the green clearing and away from everyone else. When we were behind the tree and out of sight i looked at her. Transfixed.

She was so beautifuly perfect with her tight creamy skin bright even in the dark sky,  holding a set of  intense blue saphire eyes  warm and welcoming like I would imagine the face of an angel to resemble.

"Tell me who you are", her loud voice broke my reverie. She looked at me serioulsy.

“I told you”, I put my hands up “ my name is Matt. Her expression changed to something like frustration.

She stood closer to me, threateningly .

“Quit playing games!” her voice boomed, “I know you’re a reader. Now just tell me who you are”.

“A what, I’m… I don’t know what the heck your talking about.” I snapped. “Leave me alone.

She flinched at my reaction, in surprise for the first time iv seen, a qiuk glimpse of a vulnerability.

“Im not lieing to you”. I said.

Her face changed from what ever she might have been feeling to something like realization.

“Come with me.” She turned her body around holding her eyes and face on me.

A part of me was reluctant,mabe scared, but a part of me listened I think not because of her potential good intentions but  because of what her eyes hopelessly did to me.

So I followed her.