Chapter 2

Jame's POV:
" Okay so, how am I supposed to gain his trust?"

" Maybe try apologizing to him and then start working up slowly from there."

"Okay...then what am I supposed to do about Lily?"

" Stop pretending you like her, obviously."

" But what if she likes me?!"

" Then kindly reject her. She's a nice girl, I'm sure she'll understand."

" Yeah I guess...but um, can we talk about this tomorrow and not on my bed in the middle of the night please?" He laughed before nodding his head.

" Heh yeah. See you in the morning James." He checked if the cost was clear before going back to his bed. I sighed and buried myself in the sheets. Lets just hope he forgives me, but I honestly doubt it.

Okay so it's been a month and a half since we made that plan. Your probably wondering, what in Merlins name happened? Yeah I chickened out. He just looks so intimidating now, and it got five times harder to not become red staring at him. I did stop pretending to like Lily though, I focused more on school. This surprised the others really, well, except for Peter.

" Come on James! We are you always studying all the time?" We were in the courtyard and I was reading.

" We have a test next class Sirius. I don't want to fail."

" Well that's nice to know." Remus said calmly, also reviewing things. Peter was next to go reading over his shoulder.

" You should study Sirius." Peter said looking up from the book.

" But it's potions!"

" So?"

" What does that have to do with anythi-"

" Hey guys!" We all turned to see Lily standing there. " What are you doing?"

" Reviewing for the potions exam." I said calmly.

" Oh! Can I join?"

" Sure! Right James?" Sirius said looking at me. Remus rolled his eyes and I could see Peter biting back a laugh. I just raised an eyebrow at him.

" Yeah, it's fine?"

" Great! I don't have my book, so mind sharing James?"

" No I don't mind."  Sirius gave me a knowing look and Remus smiled in a teasing way. I could Peters face turning red from laughter. I glared at him before I felt Lily lean on my shoulder practically pressing all of her on me. It was making me uncomfortable.

" Hey Lily, wouldn't it be easier if I just put the book down?" She looked shocked for a second before getting of and nodding.

" Yeah it would." I sighed to myself in relief and put the book in between us. And thank god she didn't do anything flirtatious after that. Soon enough it was time for class so we all headed there. We have it with the Slytherins so that means Snape is there! Yes! Maybe I can catch him after class, and not chicken out...

"Times up! I'll call up your name and you will come up and hand it in. You can leave afterwards." I sighed and put my head on the table, knowing i'd be here for a while. Soon enough my name was called so I went up and handed to test. I quickly packed up and went outside to see Lily waiting for me.

" Hey James!"

" Uh, hi Lily."

" Hey Lily." I turn to see Peter walking out of class.

" Oh. Hi Peter. So James! You know how Hogsmede ( IDK if I spelled it right-) weekend is coming up? I was wondering if-" Just then Snape walked out, taking out the rubber band in his hair, shaking his head a bit to even to even his hair out. He looked at me for a second before turning and walking away.