Chapter 4 "The Trip"

(Dylan's POV)

We walk up the path towards the chapel on the hill. In a neat line, slowly walking, with our tour buddy beside us. For this year's field trip I was partnered with Nathaniel, which wasn't as bad as I thought as he just minded his own business. He was holding my camera as he volunteered to shoot.

In front of us were Fred and Stephan. Talking to each other as they look at their surroundings. Funnily, I think Mr. Del Rosario planned to make the shortest male and the tallest male partners, They actually look like siblings.

I was looking through my phone when suddenly I bumped into the person in front of me. I backed up and saw a dog that was meters away from us.

I stepped in front of us and stomped. The dog ran away as expected. I looked sternly at both men who were shivering in fear. They fixed their posture and presented an awkward smile. I went back to my place as we continued to walk up the path.

We were now at an entrance gate as we were greeted by the nicest middle-aged man with a bright man as he led us up another set of stairs towards the chapel.

We entered the statue filled chapel. There were images after images of saints. We approached the front to see shelves filled with relics of the blessed. The man toured us around and explained each part of the chapel.

We immediately shuffled towards our project groupings to take group pictures. Nathaniel still held on to my camera as we transferred from one area to another, asking our guide teachers, Mr. Sanchez and Mr. Reyes, to take pictures for us.

We had half an hour to stay so we went outside and explored the area. As planned, my friend group asked to meet up. I was walking towards the small garden when I saw the three teachers accompanying us on this trip, sitting near each other, talking. Brittany and Cadence approached them, seemingly asking them something.

I approach the tucked-away garden to see Rheane and Alissa leaving. They both waved at me and smiled. Alissa stopped for a while, grabbing Rheane by the hand.

"Borrow kos imong camera." (Can I borrow your camera?) She asked.

"Sure!" I said to her as she leaped in joy as both of them walked off.

I entered the garden to see Shiela and Noelle who were leaning on the railing, looking bellow. Noelle noticed my presence and motioned for me to stand beside them.

"Where are the others?" I asked them.

"Roberta is looking for Mackenzie and Sierra. As for Michelle, I really don't know, there's still a group that hasn't finished taking pictures." Shiela answered as she looks at me.

I nodded and looked down. The cliffs were amazing, and the view on the top was breathtaking.

"Oy, while they're not here yet, can you take a picture of me?" Shiela said.

I looked up to see Shiela posing, leaning her back on the railing, feeling the spotlight. I glance at Noelle who was holding her laughter.

I nodded and received her phone and proceeded to take ample amounts of pictures as she tried different poses. The four missing roses entered the garden in pairs.

Shiela stopped posing and greeted them. We all stood in a circle facing each other. We agreed to take each other's pictures with our desired places. We left the quaint garden and went around and took each one's profile picture.

The others continued to look around and take pictures as I settled down on a staircase and sat on the second step. I scrolled through my phone, looking at the downloaded webtoons I had when I felt someone sat beside me.