Chapter 6 "The Gift"

(Dylan's POV)

Mr. Del Rosario walks around the classroom, as each one of us blindly picked a name off the papers inside the box he handed. He approached me as it was my turn to pick.

My hand reached for the last two papers inside the box, trying to mix them as I was making whipping cream. I stopped and picked up a paper from the box. My seatmate, Michelle got the last paper.

"Okay, you can now open the papers you have." Mr. Del Rosario said as a wave of gasps and shouts filled the room.

I looked at mine, it wasn't hard nor expensive;

Suwangon:

Black T-shirt

Bucket Hat

Aesthetic Socks

Then I looked to Michelle who was surprised by the code name on her paper.

"Naka-bunot kas imong self?" (Did you pick your own paper?) I asked cheerfully as she looks at me shaking her head.

"Oh no, it's just that, I got a boy." She says frowning.

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"No," She pauses. "I mean, I don't care if it's a girl or a boy, it's just that his wish list is expensive, the cheapest item on the list could be the BNHA uniform costume."

She showed me the paper she had, the code name, Deku.

"That's the only item in the list," I said to her as I surveyed the paper again.

"That's the problem."

She returned to her past position, looking down on the paper.

"Well, we could talk to Sir about that?" I suggested.

"Kuyogi ko." (Accompany me.) She looked at me with her puppy eyes, piercing through my heart though as it was arrows.

"Okay," I said as both of us stood up and approached Mr. Del Rosario who was still talking to the Vice-President, Maria.

"Excuse me, sir. Michelle has a problem with her Secret Santa," I said to her.

"What is it?" Mr. Del Rosario asked.

Maria smiled and waved at us before she left the scene and went back to her seat.

"The item asked is too expensive and there aren't any substitute wishes," I added as she gave him the paper and looked at it.

"Okay, for anyone who is code-named, Deku, please go to the faculty room after this period." He said to the class, with minimal reaction.

"Thank you, Sir!" We said, ready to return to our seats.

"Wait, Dylan, I have something to talk to you about." He said as I turned my back.

"Sir?"

"I was going to ask you to plan already for the classroom design for the party," He says to me.

"Okay, do you want me to use the rest of the time to plan?"

"Yes, give me the rough draft this afternoon okay?" He said as I nodded and proceeded to catch the attention of Josephine, reading her book, She noticed me, placed her book down, and approached me.

"What?" She asked.

"Help me plan out the decoration for the classroom," I said as I drew a classroom outline on the blackboard.

She then proceeded to draw on my outline, filling the classroom with possible Christmas decor.

"So, what if we place garlands here then Crepe paper strips on the doorways. Then we could put lights around the blackboard and that bulletin board at the back could be a photo booth." She said not skipping a beat.