𝗮𝘂𝗻𝘁 𝘃𝗲𝗲

they all sat in the car, ayo leaning her head on fourthgrade's shoulder, stevie on her other side.

they pulled up to the courthouse, princess having loads of people's eyes on her as she pulled out some of her sickest tricks, fourthgrade filming her.

ray nodded his head over at the girl, motioning her to come over. she spotted the two men from big brother, nodding back at ray and skating over.

she popped her board, grabbing it with her hand as she shook hands with the men, greeting them with an 'ayo, what's up.'

they talked for a bit, the men leaving soon after.

ray and ayo high-fived, knowing this could be their way to becoming professional skaters.

they discussed their skating with a homeless man, fuckshit and ray on either side of him, princess next to ray, his hand rested on her thigh as she leant forwards to speak to the man, talking about how she and ray want to make a career out of skating.

fourthgrade filmed them, interrupted by a shout of 'ay, 5-0! 5-0!'

princess cursed under her breath, standing up, whipping her head around to make sure all her friends were making it out. she spotted stevie, not quite fully paying attention.

'ayo sunny! 5-0!'

his head snapped up, looking at the cop that was advancing towards the distracted girl.

'ayo, look out!' he pointed towards the cop, the girl looking over, along with ray, fuckshit, ruben and fourth grade, who heard steve's warning, worried for the girl.

her head twisted in his direction right as he put his arms out to grab her, she slammed her board on the ground and ducked slightly underneath his outstretched arm.

'not a hugger, man!'

the boys grinned at the girl's quick thinking and set about saving themselves, sprinting back towards the entrance to the courthouse.

stevie hid, watching as people sprinted past, cops hot on their tail. he observed as ayo sprinted away from a police officer, dodging around one in front of her. she'd obviously run from cops before.

the group were back in the car, and they dropped ruben off at his house. princess got out behind him, pulling him into a hug.

'she does shit and you come to me and you bring your sister if you have to, okay benny?'

he nodded, hugging her back. she kissed him on the head and hopped back into the vehicle.

'later guys'

'later.'

princess watched out of the back window as he ascended the steps of the apartment building to the door, quickly going back down them and skating away a few seconds later.

princess got dropped off next. she sighed, forcing a smile at the guys and mumbling a goodbye before approaching her aunts house, pushing the front door open.

'tia, i'm home!'

'hey, baby.'

'where's tony?'

'he's out.'

she crouched down next to her aunt who was led on her back in her bed. ayo pushed the woman's hair back, feeling her forehead.

'you're warm, do you feel hot at all?'

'a bit.'

ayo pulled back the quilt, leaving her aunt covered by only a thinner sheet.