Chapter Three

"Tikki?" Marinette mentioned as she walked into her bedroom.
"Yes?" Tikki responded, flying in front of Marinette.
"Do you think Adrien has a crush on me?"
Tikki huffed, she was well aware that Adrien was Chat Noir, she obviously couldn't tell Marinette that of course, "I'm sure he does!"
Marinette looked over at Tikki as she sat on her bed, "seriously? I had a crush on him for so long and now he has a crush on me."
Tikki was resisting the want to say "how do you not see it?! Him and Chat Noir are the same person!" but instead she just sighed, "speaking of your love life, you should ask Chat Noir who he really is."
"No way!" Marinette exclaimed, "Chat will tell me when he wants to, besides, he respected the fact that I didn't want to reveal our identities yet so, I should respect him."
"And you love him."
She blushed, looking away from Tikki, "yeah, I guess I do. I tried to talk to him about it, but he didn't respond yet."

But what she didn't know what was going on at Adrien's house.
"What do I say?!" Adrien stressed, running his hands through his hair.
"That you love her too," Plagg replied, "just be straightforward."
"I could, but what if I say it wrong-"
"How many ways are there to say it?"
Adrien rolled his eyes, "what if she thinks that she scared me into saying it?!"
"Well did she?"
"No, Plagg," he sighed, "I do love her, but what if she doesn't believe me?"
"Just stop worrying about the what if's and have some Camembert," Plagg mentioned.
"Yeah, I'll do that," Adrien responded, "just without the stinky cheese."
"Your loss."
Adrien grabbed his phone and texted Marinette, "sorry, I couldn't text you earlier, I was in school."
Marinette freaked out from the text, wondering if he went to her school, "no worries, I was in school too haha," she responded, trying to seem relaxed.

"Oh okay, so she's fine," Adrien commented, "did you want to talk about last night?"

Marinette took a minute to respond, "I did. Just about what I said when you left."

Adrien was glad, since he wanted to talk about the same thing, "I really wanted to talk about that too."

She panicked, "yeah, I'm sorry. I'm worried if I scared you and said it too soon, I'm sorry."

He disappointedly put down his phone, "dang, Plagg, she took back the- what she said."

"He's not responding, Tikki," Marinette muttered.
"Maybe because he loves you, and you took yours back," Tikki smiled, being able to see right through both of them.
"You're- you're probably right, I should probably tell him again-" Marinette held her phone, "I'm sorry" she sent, but could not go through with writing the rest of the text.