Chapter 14

Two days later the body's of Dream and Fresh were discovered at 10:37am. The two both had multiple stab wounds in their chests.

As expected, shortly after the report people began theories and investigations of what happened to the couple.

The case hasn't been solved, and now people use the theories as ghost stories at sleepovers or on Halloween night. There are a couple different theories that people have come up with to explain the death of them.

Some say it was one of the bad sanses that came in and murdered them, leaving the knife with Dream so we would believe that it was a murder-suicide. People with different beliefs use the evidence of the knife with Dream, and that Dream had a smile on his face.

Some people say that the bad sanses murdered Fresh, and when Dream found him dead he couldn't take it anymore. So he killed himself. They say that this explains why theirs a knife with Dream and he's smiling, he was happy to be free and join his boyfriend.

But, others say that it was a murder-suicide. Dream killed Fresh before taking his own life. To support this theory they point out how Dream only had 7 stab wounds, and their was much more blood on that knife then 7 stab wounds could take.

Despite everyone's different ideas of what happened they've all acknowledged how they will never truly know what happened that cold winter night.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Boss! Boss! Guess what?!" Killer ran to Nightmare's office, excited to tell him the news. Of course, since he was so loud Nightmare knew he was coming for awhile.

"What is it Killer?" Nightmare asked sighing.

"This morning they found the dead body's of Fresh and Dream!" Killer shouted, expecting Nightmare to be happy with this news. But when he looked at him, Nightmare wasn't smiling.

"Aren't you happy, boss? After all this time he's finally dead!" Nightmare buried his face in his eyes, Killer was so confused as to why he's so upset.

"Boss?"

"Of course I'm not happy you idiot!" Nightmare screamed, revealing his face again. Killer could now see the purple tears streaming down his face.

Killer tried to ask him a question, but Nightmare continued talking. "He was my brother! I didn't want him dead! If I wanted him dead I would be killed him by now, why do you think I always end up finding a reason to spare him?!" Nightmare screamed, the black goop slowly started melting off of him.

Killer stepped back as Nightmare screamed and cried as the monster he knew began changing. Killer has never seen him show this much emotion.

Once the goop has completely left him Killer was what was lying under. A white skeleton that looked very similar to Dream. In shock Killer ran and left the room, leaving Nightmare to handle his emotions.

-------------------------------------------------------------

After that the leader of the bad sanses, Nightmare, left them. He spent the rest of his time trying to help the multiverse, but no matter how hard he tried he could never too that gap. The multiverse loved Dream, he just couldn't fix the hole in their hearts.

And Dream? He's finally happy again with one's he loves, and he cheers on Nightmare as he continues the work he has left behind.