Chapter 17. Meeting his past

Gulf was not prepared to see the woman in front of him. He was expecting a sophisticated model type woman or some kind of executive type; someone tall, long hair, a beauty like a doll that exudes softness. The one in front of him is a medium built lady, not too tall but not that short either, fair complexion, pixie hair, a welcoming face and has an air of confidence and assurance built in her.

The woman went to Mew to give him a customary peck on the cheeks that the older man accepted and he gives a warm loose embrace to the woman, with a small tap on her shoulder. Gulf didn't want to mind it but he still feel his jealousy rising up. The woman gave Mew a small smile before her eyes landed on him.

"Hi! I'm Mint", the woman smile at him.

Mew softly pull him a bit on his waist and gave him a short stroke on the small of his back. "Hello. I'm Gulf", he greeted the woman. Mint smile widen and returns to her sit.

"I hope you don't mind. I order your coffee for you, Phi. I didn't know what you like", Mint looks at Gulf apologetically.

Mew, "We can just order. I don't drink coffee anymore. Gulf doesn't drink coffee as well"

Mew pull out a seat for Gulf but the younger shakes his head, "I'll seat in that corner, Phi", he eyed a nearby table.

Mint look at them, surprise in her eyes. She had done a lot before coming back to know that Mew didn't like anyone calling him that way.

Mew chuckled, "He's a Nong", he answered.

Gulf, "I'm Phi...uhm personal assistant', he didn't know what to say and the reason why he needed to say that. He groan inwardly, he wanted to claim Mew not give a reason for his ex to think that he is available.

Mew laugh and fondly tug at Gulf's ear, "Not anymore remember. You can just sit here"

"I'll talk to Becky. You two might need to talk some things between yourselves", Gulf whispers.

"Are you sure?", Mew asked frowning a bit, Gulf nodded. "We'll eat somewhere else later if you don't like the food here"

Gulf nodded again and he gave a courteous nod to the woman and walks to the corner. Mew's eyes following.

Mint, "Now I know who I shall give my gratitude to"

Mew looks at Mint, questioning but the smile not leaving his lips.

Mint, "I prepared myself of your anger when I asked to see you but you were so...calm. With all the things that I did", she sighs, "I know there was no excuse. I was rebelling, I was rebelling with myself. I didn't mean to hurt you that way. I was confuse and... It's just...I am just really sorry, Phi. I really am", she didn't mean to be with someone else. The first time was an accident, it was just a kiss, and the next thing she knew she...they were already too deep in that situation. She's been with Mew all her life before that thing happen. And it was the time that she was in an overwhelming state of not knowing what she wants, not knowing what to do and at the same time feeling unsatisfied and unhappy with everything. The feeling that no one would or could understand her, it was also difficult to talk to anyone. It was selfish of her to do those things to Mew and to everyone. Leaving was the decision she took to be able to breathe. It took a lot of time before she can finally find herself, forgive herself for everything.

Mew looks at the woman he used to love, the woman he thought he'll be spending his days with. He checked his heart but there was no sadness and pain anymore, there is no room for it now. The first time they talked was draining for all the right reasons, all the ill feelings that he have, that they have needs to be out. It's easier this time and knowing that his happiness is just with him makes it much more better. "I'm sorry too for whatever pain I caused, for not being sensitive enough to know how you might be feeling. For not listening"