Chapter Nineteen.

The car ride was boring. He didn't talk to me at all. He just drove to Scar's house. I turned on the radio and put on my taste in music. Scar's brother turned it down more than once because I kept turning it up.

"Listen Katie, I like it quiet. I know you don't, Scar has told me alot about you. Not all of then were good." He said the last part very cold.

"What do you mean 'not good'?" He doesn't speak again for awhile. "Hey! Scar's brother! Earth to-"

"His name isn't Scar, it's William."

"William? He never told me that." I sit in wonder.

"And my name is Benjamin. Not Scar's brother."

"Well Benny boy, this is nice."

He glares at me. "Don't. Ever. Call. Me. Benny boy. Ever. Again." I laugh. He smiles! "Are you smiling?" He looks back at the road. "Are you flirting with me?" He shakes his head. "I'm sorry if I am."

I stick my tongue out. "Gerk with a Capital 'G'!" He looks scared, "What?" I sigh and don't answer him. The rest of the way we sit awkward.

                          Π

I see the house. "Ryan!" He sees me, "Kate!" We run to each others arms. "Oh I thought I'd never miss your jammys." We rock back and forth. "Oh Kate." His voice is muffled because he is buried in my shoulder. He's breathing really hard, like he can't get enough of my smell. Or the way I'm living in general.

"Ryan? Are you okay?"

He looks at me with a depressing look on his face, like almost like he saw his dead dog. "Kate," His voice just a whisper, "You've been gone for over a month. Just about two."