Chapter Six.

"Wait, why?"

"Kate this isn't important right now, alright?" I mumble, "I guess so." And I head off to bed. I didn't really go to bed because I wanted to know what was going on. I put my head on the ground and try to listen in.

I can't hear that much, but I think I could make out a few words. It's so confusing, why lock me up like Cinderella? I don't know, so I put on my pajamas.

All I could make out is why Ryan and I are here! 'Why is there a female in the house?' And other stuff like that. Maybe they knew I'd try to listen in? Whatever, I look at the clock 10:38, so I actually go to sleep.

I woke up and I hear Ryan snoring and feel his arm around me. I slip it off as nicely as I can, and walk downstairs.

The place is a mess, garbage everywhere. So I start to clean only because it smells like a back ally way. Jesus! How many people were even here?

In like 15 minutes, the butlers come and help me. Am I really the only girl that has stepped foot in this house? No, that's not right, the pink Disney room. He knew I was going to come. And why the masks?

They were all white with black or red designs/stripes. They were not small stripes more like ribbon size or even larger. I didn't get a very good look at them but that's how the majority of them looked. I go back to my room and see Ryan's mask on the dresser.

I pick it up and study it. The eye holes are large, round, and black. He has two stripes, that are red, above his cheekbone. The rest of it is white. The mouth is just a small round black hole. No other facial features are even on the mask. He wakes up.

"Kate, what are you doing?" I'm like a deer in the front of headlights. He scrambles and rips the mask from my hands. I know this isn't going to end well. "Kate what the hell were you doing?"

"Ryan I can explain-"

"Explain what?! That you went through my fucking stuff?"

"I just saw it on the dresser and I got curious."

"Curious? Really Kate?" His face is red and full of anger. He's right in my face, now look what I did. I can feel my face getting hot and my eyes watering. He's not that tall or scary but he never talks to me like this. He sees my face, "Kate why does the guilt face work on me?" He sighs and closes his eyes. "I'm sorry alright, just don't touch my stuff.

I let out my breath and sit on the floor. "Ryan?"

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry for touching your mask."

He walks toward me and sits across from me. He grabs my hands and smiles. "Do you wanna see me wear it?" I know he's trying to make me happy, but that mask looks so scary. I shake my head. "No? OK Kate, do you wanna hold it?" I shake my head.

"Katie, are you giving me the silent treatment?" I smile and close my eyes. I feel his thumb rub on my hand. He kisses my forhead and puts his hand behind my head. "It's ok Kate, you're fine. No one is going to hurt you."

In my mind I hear my dads voice. My breathing is now uneven. "Katie? It's ok; you're going to be ok." Tears fall down my face.

I open my eyes and see how broken his face is. "I'm so sorry Ryan."

"Don't be sorry Kate, I choose to stay."