nine

╮we're getting the team back together╰

Spencer and Charlie stood side-by-side in Hans's shop, trying to make and sharpen skates as quietly as possible to keep from waking their sleeping coach in the next room over. When Charlie slid the blade of a skate through the skate sharpener, he pressed it harder than he meant to. The machine made a loud buzzing noise, causing Bombay to jerk awake. The two looked over at their coach through the glass doors that separated them, heading that way when they saw him sitting up.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Charlie asked as he pushed the doors open with Spencer right behind him.

"Charlie hasn't really mastered the whole skate sharpening thing yet," Spencer said as she stepped out from behind Charlie.

"Hey, Charlie. Hey, Spencer," Bombay said as he stood up.

"Hey, Coach," Charlie said as he hugged the man.

"It's good to see you!" Spencer said as she hugged him after he let go of Charlie.

"Good to see you!" Bombay said happily as he looked over the two.

"We really missed you," Charlie informed before Jan entered with a tray of breakfast in his hands.

"For breakfast, my specialty; Jans Hasenpfeffer and eggs," Jan started, the three in front of him joining him in naming his specialty.

"I thought I smelled something burning," Bombay said, jokingly.

"Jan had to start making breakfast because Spencer wouldn't eat at home," Charlie said as a smile crept on his face.

"I'm not a morning person," Spencer said with a slight shrug as the three sat down with Bombay in the middle.

"I see you've met my new apprentices," Jan said as he pointed at the two sitting on either side of Bombay.

"Jan told us you did this job when you were our age," Charlie said, looking at his coach.

"That's right. I hope he pays you more than he paid me," Bombay said as he grabbed the plate of food Jan was handing him.

"You got paid?" Charlie asked in disbelief.

"You don't?" Spencer said, her eyes wide in shock as she leaned around Bombay to look at Charlie.