Chapter Two- Who Is She?

I stepped off the train as the wind ran through my clothes and stroked my hair. I looked up and saw kids flooding off the train and towards the station exit. The smell of freshly cut grass and clean linen floated in the air and the view of hills upon hills looking as though it could go on for miles cleared my mind. I felt a hand on my shoulder as Hermione pulled me to walk with her to the station exit. I took one last look at the view and walked along with her.

Up the path 1st years would pass us holding hands and skipping towards the school. I looked at Hermione and then up to the school. This was the first time I had seen it in real life and it left me in awe. It looked like a castle, the walls a dusky grey with a texture that almost looked like dragon scales. Long windows stretched the length of the exterior capturing a view that people could only dream of seeing. The floor leading up to it was uneven and rough almost as though it has been there for many years. Hermione was talking and had been for a while but I wasn't really listening, I was too busy thinking about all the people I was going to meet and how many memories I would make here. I was home.

The bridge stood in front of me daring me to cross. I set my foot down and i felt a spark shoot through my body, I was so close. Hermione and I joked and laughed all the way across the bridge which made me even more excited.

I looked to the other end of the bridge and saw a very strange yet familiar looking person. Hair draping over the shoulders and eyes like a field. It was quite far so I couldn't make it out exactly but this looked like someone I see often, day to day even. It was me? But how it's impossible. I rub my eyes and look again. Specks of light linger in my vision as my eyes try to focus, it was gone. I look to Hermione who is taking in the view from the bridge and didn't seem to of seen anything out of the ordinary. I shake off what I had seen and look over the bridge views as well. The sun gleams bright through the odd few clouds that float in the sky. The river wears a gorgeous dress of yellow made out of the suns reflection contrasting with the blue of the water perfectly. The river bank lays the same height as the bridge surrounded by a barrier of grass and tulips, everyone knows not the go near the Hogwarts ground edges. Then I see her again, the girl who looks exactly like me staring me in the eyes. She stands strong and powerful, holding herself in a way that intimidates anyone who dares interrupt her. She walks towards the edge and leans one leg forward letting her body follow. I cant move I just watch. Her body falls to the river in a graceful way as her clothes get grabbed by the wind almost like its trying to save her. She hits the water but no splash follows. No sound. No reaction. I look at Hermione who is still looking onto the horizon, Why can't she see? Why can only I see? The two boys from the train run up to us out of breath which snapped me out of my thoughts almost making me forget what I had just seen.

"Where have you two been!" asked Hermione

"Well we were right behind you at the station but then Professor Snape asked to talk to us and we didn't have time to let you know" exclaimed Harry. Hermione looks at them both in a annoyed and caring way.

"Bloody hell Hermione it wasn't our fault" snapped Ron. Hermione looked at them both and looked to me. All she said was "Boys" and rolled her eyes and walked on down the bridge. I couldn't help but laugh a little as I turn around to catch up with her.

"So, are you excited to see the school and meet the people" asked Hermione.

"Yes! I'm nervous but excited. What house are you guys in, I forgot to ask." I said looking at Hermione.

"We are all proud Gryffindors" replied Hermione in her normal upbeat tone.

"All three of you? I really hope I get Gryffindor then because you're the only three people I know." I said now starting to get nervous.

"You'll be fine!" Hermione gives me a reassuring smile. I turn around and see two large oak doors towering over me. I take a deep breath and walk in, behind these doors is the place that will create my future.

Quote~ "Keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things...your curiosity will lead you down the path of success!"-Walt Disney