1: New Home

I remember when I was a young child, my mother and I used to move around a lot. Always to different cities, and states. We never stayed in one place for more than a year, and spirits forbid if we did.

The one thing we did that kept a semblance of regularity and familiarity was visit the Zoo that was closest to us.  And the very first place we would run to was the wolves enclosure.

The happy, playful yipps of the pups. The snarls and growls of the adults, how they were always together. It always cheered me up when I was young to see them, and I could always see how it did the same to my mother. However, it only dawned on me as I grew, that whenever my mother saw them she wasn't just happy, she was sad.

As I got older, I realized this, and why she was always sad when we were there. They were trapped, only there for our enjoyment. Not were they belonged, hunting and living without human interference, and now all they had was a scheduled feeding and a fenced in enviorment.

I felt the weight of being trapped slowly easing from my person, as the miles put a distance between myself and the past. A breath of fresh air, however short it would be.

In the high noon sun, a large white sign greeted me. Mystic Falls, Virginia. A medium sized town, that I had recently bought and invested a house in.

My elbow rested on my door handle, chin set on my palm. One hand laid on top the steering wheel, my humming filling the silent space. I was tired out of my mind.

Fatigue, from fourteen hours of driving was slowly settling in on me. The drive from Jupiter, Florida to Virginia was wrought with bumper to bumper traffic all along I-95 North making my ETA about four hours more than the original. And it was taking its toll on me.

Main Street was mainly empty, save for a couple of, what looked like teenagers exiting the establishment Mystic Grill. Of course cutters, the good old days I never really had.

As I slowly drove by I admired the light blue 1969 Chevy Camaro Convertible. Standing near it was two men; one tall raven haired, the other an older man with light brown hair and stubble. Even from far the strange vibe I got from them was almost overwhelming. Shaking my head I accelerated putting distance between myself and the two men.

About fifteen minutes later I was driving down a long dirt road. Trees towered along the sides of my truck, shading the drive from the high sun. As I turned the corner a large log cabin came into view, its wrap around porch contained a few chairs, a table, and a rope chair that hung from the ceiling.

I got out of the truck, my brown hiking boots crunching the pebbles beneath. Grabbing my large duffle from the back seat I took the last couple of steps jogging.

A smile was begining to form on my face, and I couldn't believe I was finally here. In the semblance of freedom, I had finally got to one of the places I've wanted. My home.

The old key was hidden beneath a gray rock next to the steps. As I opened the door, no sound came from it. It stopped to reveal a wood and dark leather interior; dark leather couches, with stained wood furniture greeted me.

Stepping in and closing the door behind me, I walked around after placing my duffle beside the keys on the dining room table. The kitchen was all modern, with stainless steele appliances, and clack marble countertops. I headed up the stairs, my hand resting lightly on the railing.

The rest of the house was much the same. Same dark furniture, a fireplace in every room. Five bedrooms, a large study and minimal library, five and a half bathrooms. Then there was the master bedroom.

My breath escaped me as I opened the large double doors. Forest green walls covered one side of the room and the other was filled with windows and a pair of French doors leading to a balcony. In the corner of the room stood a California King bed, made of dark wood posts and carvings.

"Holy Shit."

My breath escaped me once again. Why did I have to purchase a mini mansion? Why did I let Tamika convince me to follow my dream? Why the Hell am I second guessing my actions?And blaiming my idocity on poor bossy Tamika!

A yawn escaped me, reminding me that there was always tomorrow to start on everything. Or tonight.

I quickly gathered my duffle and changed. My oversized shirt swallowed my frame whole, and my hair was quickly taken out of its French braid, a sigh of relief escaping me as I did so. I was already asleep as my head hit the pillow.

===

Hola!

So definitely no dialogue beside that Holy Shit moment. Never really thought I would be writing a fan fiction but here I am.

Now who is the girl? Where has she come from? And why did she want to be free from whatever she came from?

Song: Warrior by Beth Crowley