- 17 -

Catarina

I'm wrapped in a towel looking for my phone and find it at the coffee table in the living area. I join Yoongi in the bedroom, who is still on the bed reading a book.

— Here.

— Oh! Are these the photos?

— Yes, look.

I show him my phone's screen, where he can see me sporting platinum short hair.

— Oh! You look savage as fuck like this!

— Well thank you!

— I mean! Is there more?

— Yes, just swipe left.

— How old were you in these pictures?

— Hm. I think I was 22 in this one.

— So I was 19 or 20 years old.

— Baby Yoongi.

— You look good with violet hair as well, but not as savage.

— Do you like the savage look then?

— Yes, you look edgy even now with this romantic look you sport now, but this white hair is on another level of savageness.

— Haha, thank you, I guess.

— You're welcome. I'm complimenting you all around. You always look good.

He keeps swiping left to look at more photos of me. He keeps going until we reach my teen punk years.

— Oh! Alright! I wasn't expecting this look for you.

— Hey!

— I mean, you still have a similar style when it comes to clothing. You are still punk as hell, but now I think you have better taste. Even then I'd still want to hang out and hook up with you. But the black hair doesn't do it for you.

— Well, I was 15 at the time this photo was taken, so I don't know if I'd want to hang out with your 12 or 13 years old ass.

— Are you upset?

— No, but I'd love to see your pictures of the 15 years old Min Yoongi and laugh at you too.

— I'll see if I have any with me. But prepare yourself to laugh hard. I was a very strange boy.

— The tale of the ugly duckling who's now a swan?

— Except I'm no swan.

— You are a handsome man. Come here.

— Don't you age? You look the same in this one, in the ones you're older and now, in person.

I put my phone aside and kiss him on the lips to stop him from keep talking, but before he can get a hold of me I stand up from the bed.

— I'm going out. Do you want me to bring you something?

— No, just you. Safe and sound.

I go out partially because I'm going to miss this city I love so much, but also because I need some time for my own. We only have a few days left and then we'll be apart for at least 5 months. Can we do it? These last 2 weeks made me trust that we can, but I'm not sure how much of it was us being in a bubble.

I put my headphones on, my hoodie up and press play on the music app on my phone. I don't have a fixed plan, but I feel like walking and thinking, so maybe I'll be out for a couple of hours. New Order is talking to me in my ears and soon enough I'm lost.

When I come back Yoongi is at the kitchen with Jimin. Ah, Jiminie, I'll miss him so much too! I take my coat, scarf, boots off and go to join them.

— Noona! How was the cold outside?

— Hey jimin-ssi! It was freezing!

— I went out after lunch when you left for the station but couldn't stay in the streets for long. So I went to the movies. I just got in myself.

— Saw anything good?

— I saw a Hollywood movie, it was ok.

— He brought us food. Did you eat while you were out?

— Oh, thank you! I didn't and I'm starving.

— Oh noona, I've got you covered. I brought us pizza.

We finish eating and while Yoongi cleans the kitchen area Jimin and I go sit on the sofa and turn on the TV set. We watch half a movie but get lost in conversation.

Being with them made this experience here truly different from what I had expected. I thought I was going to be alone for most of the time, and I wanted to get my fill of this place, but with Yoongi, especially, it was even better. He has been here before, but he was so sweet and allowed me to show him around and my favourite places. JiMin is one of the sweetest people I've ever known. The way he's caring is just precious and I felt like I could only reciprocate. We hang out a lot, just the two of us, whenever Suga had to work and we were both free. We went clubbing a few times even, and the way he enjoys the nightlife made me feel his age again.