Michael Farris

⚠️The man at the top (Colin Firth) is a character I'm making up in this fanfic, he is Michael Farris, Edward's brother. He is gonna make some conflict between you and Brandon⚠️

'(Y/n) dear, wake up, I made breakfast'. My father poked me in the ribs.

'Ahh... that tickles, okay, I'm up'.

I went up stairs and cleaning myself, put on a dress and went down stairs.

'You okay, honey'?

'Of course, father', I said, sitting at the table.

'You just look sick, paler than usual'.

'Oh'. Was all I could say. My father was right when he said I was jealous.

'So, what happened with Brandon'? My father said with a smirk.

'Nothing... nothing'.

'Your jealous, I saw the way you were looking at him'.

'I understand, Marianne is much prettier than me, talented and well mannered'.

'Nonsense, you do remember who taught her to play the piano, that was you and the manners, I remember she copied you and your beautiful, Marianne would always talk to about how beautiful you are'.

'Thanks father but your just saying that because, well... your my father'.

'Yes, but I'm also saying it because it's true'. I laughed and smiled at him.

'I will be going to the Dashwood's now'. I waved my father goodbye and rode my horse, Jewel followed.

When I came there, there was another horse at the front, I straight away assumed Mr Willoughby was here but didn't he have a white horse. This one was black with white at the legs. I went inside.

'Elinor, there's another horse outside'. I stopped when I saw Elinor talking with a man. 'Oh, hello'.

'Goodmorning, you must be (y/n) (l/n), Elinor spoke highly of you'. He bowed to me and I curteyed. 'I'm Michael Firris'.

'Edward's brother', Elinor added.

'It's nice to finally meet his brother'. I smiled.

'Would you like to go outside'? He held out his arm.

'Sure'. I took his arm and walked out with him. Jewel wagged his tail and followed us. I soon let go of Michael's arm.

'I heard a lot about the (l/n) family', he started, breaking the silence.

'Really? What about'?

'That your family has quite the richess and a very elegant family'.

'I mostly help the Dashwood's with their money difficulties'.

'That's kind of you'. He smiled. While we walked, he picked a flower quickly and faced me, handing me the flower. I smiled and took it.

~Brandon's POV~

I thought that Miss (l/n) will be at the Dashwood's because she wasn't at her estate. When I neared the Dashwood's cottage, I saw Miss (l/n) being handed a flower by another man.

Quickly, I felt all my happiness disappear for seeing her this morning. She smiled at him and took the flower. It wasn't a rose and I didn't see much happiness in her smile. I got her her favourite flower and this man just gave her a daffodil. I rode up to them and got off my horse bowing.

'Miss (l/n)'. I took off my hat, I watched her as she came to pet my horse.

'Hello, Brandon'. I smiled when she use my actual name for the first time. 'This is Mr Michael Farris by the way, Mr Michael, this is Colonel Christopher Brandon'. I bowed to him.

'I was meaning to see you Miss (l/n)'. Her face lit up.

'Really? Whatever for? And please, call me
(y/n)'. I smiled at her and bowed again.

'An invitation to a picnic, my estate for lunch, Miss Dashwood and Miss Marianne will be invited'. Her smiled disappeared when I mentioned them. 'Of course, If Mr Michael would like to join, your welcome'.

'Thank you, Brandon, I will be delighted to come', she said to me.

'Mr Michael'?

'Yes, I will come along'. She smiled at Mr Michael. I looked at the ground.

'Oh, hello (y/n), Michael, colonel'.

'Hello Elinor... Marianne'. I looked up at the change of tone in (y/n) voice when she said Miss Marianne's name.

'Good morning, Miss Dashwood, Miss Marianne, I was just talking to (y/n) about a picnic for lunch at my estate, your invited'.

'Thank you colonel, we will love too', Miss Dashwood said.

'Of course, I will be inviting Mr Willoughby', I said to Miss Marianne.

'I would love to come colonel'.

~End of Brandon's POV~

Mr Willoughby came moments after. A flush of jealously came over my head when Brandon helped he up on the carriage. I mean it's not fair, two man fighting for the same woman. When she was gone the colonel spoke.

'Your sister seems very happy'.

'Yes, Marianne does not approve of hiding her emotions. In fact her romantic prejudice's has the unfortunate tendency to sit for priority at nought', Elinor explained. 'Soon as she becomes acquainted with the way of the world the better'.

'I knew a lady very like your sister, the same impulsive sweetness of temper who was forced into, as you put it, a better acquaintance with the world', the colonel said. I cleared my throat.

'If you'll excuse myself and Mr Michael, we will be going'. I didn't want to hear anymore about Marianne. Michael held out his arm. I hesitantly took it but before I could walk, Elinor spoke.

'You alright (y/n), you seem a bit pale'.

'I might just tell you later'. I turned around and started walking with Michael, Jewel trailing us.

The picnic came along and we were now outside colonel Brandon's estate. Others were here, Mr and Mrs Palmer, sir John and Mrs Jennings and of course, Marianne and Elinor. Marianne waited for Mr Willoughby. She was overly joyed when he came and took her.

'My dear (y/n), when is it you're going to be court'? Mrs Palmer spoke.

'I don't know, I still have a lot of time, I'm only 20'.

'Yes but better younger than older, am I right'? She elbowed me in the ribs.

A loud galloping noice caught my attention and I turned my attention down the path. The man can to a halt and got off his horse.

'Colonel Brandon here'?

'Where is he? Oh, there he is'? Sir John pointed. The man ran to him and gave him a letter.

'And a Mr (l/n)'?

'Here'. My father took the letter from the man and read the letter, his eyes widen.

'My horse, quickly'. Brandon ran to his horse and mounted it and my father did the same on his.

'Father, what is it? Where are you going'? I asked him.

'That I can't tell you, sweetheart'.

'I'm coming with you, get my horse'.

'No, I must go alone this time'.

'Father, the last time I let you go on your own, you almost died, I'm not letting that happen'.

'I'm sorry, sweetheart'. He redirected his horse and both Brandon and my father left in a hurry.