Chapter 1

The dim light hit Phoebe's delicate soft eyes, as hesitated to get up. The year was 2007, in the time of mid-August. Salem murmured a snore, as he rolled on his back on her bed. His black stripes brought out the white shades surrounding his soft fur. The giant tiger, took most of the space on her bed. Phoebe only giggles and petted his head gently, as she stood up and jumped off the bed. She took off her sleeping gown, and put on a simple white summer dress and tan colored sandals. The halls were revealed by the sunrise, as Phoebe walked her way to outside, where the mesmerizing 23-year-old Myrna sat. Her clear blue hair was long and extended down her waist. The aqua blue eyes looked up at Phoebe's hazel eyes, as they met each other with both a greeting in smile.

"Why good morning Phoebe did you have a nice sleep?" Myrna said, her tone smooth, flowing with the sound of the soothing ocean's waves. Myrna's medallion moved against the soft breeze. The medallion had ancient blew jewels the white silver surrounding the openings, in the middle a true blue crystal, as clear as the ocean blue water. Phoebe nodded,

"Oh yes, Salem is still sleeping so I thought I'd leave the room so he could have some more rest," she said, but her a murmur from behind. She turned noticing the green eyes of Salem. He walked up and morphed into a smaller form, the size of a small puppy, and jumped into her open arms of Phoebe. She hugged him into her arms, then turned to Myrna, who smiled at the two cute figures. 

"Well," Myrna started, as her beautiful aqua eyes looked at Phoebe and Salem. 

"I must be off, I need to go shopping at Santorini for awhile," she said picking up her bag, as if she was going to leave earlier. Phoebe looked up, she had always wanted to go to the city, she was always, for the whole 11 years of her life, had she stayed in this small island her parents owned. Now her parents were abroad, and Myrna, her mentor, has stayed with her for now 6 years. 

Phoebe was growing, curiosity about the world, surrounded her mind. She was ready. Ready to see the outside, the world, Phoebe was ready to be exposed to everything, whether it would be painful, sad, or hard. This were things she had to learn no matter what, and Myrna was absolutely sure that the time would come where she had to let go and except phoebe was growing to a young lady, and that soon she would start 6th grade, and Myrna would not be the one to watch Phoebe anymore.

A soft sigh escaped from Myrna, as she glanced to the ground and back up into Phoebe's hazel eyes. They were filled with hope and excitement, and Myrna knew that she would regret this, but this was going to happen sooner or later. She smiled at Phoebe, and as that smile appeared, all hope bursted out of Phoebe as she jumped, her fist punching the air.

"Yes!" Phoebe gasped. Salem looked at Phoebe strangely, but shrugged, as he still laid on the floor, a small growl-yawn coming out of his fang-sharp mouth. "Phoebe calm down first you must get fully dressed and ready, Santorini might be laid back, but it would be better to wear proper cloths," she said, taking a sip of her tea. Her hair glistened in the sun beautifully. The ocean made the moment extraordinary the wind blowing calmly. Phoebe nodded, and turned zooming off, Salem put his head up at where Phoebe had just stood then looked at Myrna, who smiled at him. He put his head back down, his green eyes slowly hiding under his eye lids. A snore escaped his mouth, as Phoebe came back, a blue butterfly clipped against her ear on her brown hair, a white summer dress, and sand colored sandals.

Myrna smiled, as Salem stood up turning to Phoebe and jumped in her arms once more, snuggling up. Myrna took her hand out graciously, Phoebe took the pale skinned hand, and followed her footsteps, as they reached the small sail boat on the shore. Myrna stepped n helping Phoebe in two. Salem jumped out of her arms and morphed back to his large size, putting his head facing the sky. Phoebe took her seat, and put the life jacket on, as Myrna untied the rope against the thin silver pole. Then helped put on her life jacket, turning o the motor, and soon going off to the island across theirs, Santorini. The island that was most beautiful in Greece. Phoebe's parent's island, Delilah, was the second most beautiful island. Yes it was quite small, but it was unique in every way. Mermaids usually enjoyed the area there, and diamonds were mostly the things that grew in the forests, including tropical fruits. Unknown animals also lived around Delilah.

Phoebe's air flew in the salty ocean air, as Myrna concentrated on the direction. Once the motor was able to be left on its own running to the correct direction, Myrna couldn't help but take a glance at the ocean. A unexplainable expression came upon her face, as a flashback aroused her mind. It was 7 years ago, during the winter, when Myrna was still confident as a mermaid, yes a mermaid. Her blue scales on her fin would shimmer, and her long blue hair was even more beautiful then on land. Her blue medallion lit up in the water a true, happy smile on her beautiful face. A strong water sprout, had took the young Lucia that had long brown hair, and pure gold hair, with the shining silver fin into the hole. hole. You could hear the loud painful scream of Lucia, and the emotionless expression on Myrna. The next thing she had awoken in her father, Poisiedan or as others knew him as King Neptune, and heard the news of Lucia. She was unable to escape the water sprout. 

"We're here!" Phoebe said excitingly. Myrna awoke from her flashback to the present, and let out a smile to Phoebe. 

"Oh yes, it seems so, hold on so I can find somewhere to rope up the boat," she said calmly. They reached a pole, as Phoebe stood obediently on her chair. Myrna stood up and roped the boat on the pole and let out her hand to Phoebe as Salem stood up,also jumped onto the boardwalk. 

Phoebe took Myrna's hand and pulled herself up onto the board walk also, spinning in circles excitingly. Myrna chuckled at her, then bent down to Phoebe's height, "Now stay with me while we go enter the city," she said, as she took Phoebe's hand, deciding whether to take the donkey or walk up the stairs. "What wold you want to do?" Myrna muttered to Phoebe. 

Phoebe glanced up and rubbed her chin. "Can I ride Salem?" she asked hopefully. Salem looked up at the tone of his name being called then hearing the 'ride' word slip out of Phoebe's soft lips, he went under her legs in the next second, and at the other next second she was in position, ready to head up to the city.