~Pilot~

(Just so you know, the chapters in this book are going to be pretty long, because each episode is like 20 minutes long. Sooo, hope ya like long chapters)

~~~

Chris had already lived at the Keaton household for about a month now, and it was pretty great. Mallory and Jennifer were the nicest girls ever. They would comfort the sad girl and keep her spirits up when that was needed. Their parents were also the sweetest people, also helping her when help was needed.

Then there was Alex. Oh boy.. He was a different story. He would constantly bother Chris by making fun of her, talking her down, teasing her about different things. Thankfully not about her height, since they were as tall as one another. Chris kinda already figured out, that he wanted her out of the house, so she tried to ignore him the best she could and throw a comment back at him from time to time. He was basically just a pain in the ass.

He was also extremely selfish and self-centered. Which caused for Chris to dislike him even more, than she already did. Like, how could a guy be so anti-feministic and selfish ? It was unbelievable to the girl. She had never met a human being like Alex before, and thank god for that.

But aside from one annoying individual, it was pretty nice staying with the family.

~~~

The Keatons and Chris were all sitting in the living room, watching some of Steven and Elyse's old pictures. Chris was seated in between Alex and Mallory, on the floor. It was pretty fun to see how they dressed and stood for back in the '60s.

"I can't believe you guys could watch this. You look ridiculous" Alex stated. Chris rolled her eyes over the boy. It was becoming a habit of hers, after living in the same house as him for about a month.

"Half a million people trying to stop a senseless war. You find that ridiculous ?" Steven asked Alex, also getting tired of his son.

"I'm talkin' about the outfits" Alex said, like it was obvious. Chris rolled her eyes once again, scoffing at what he had just said. That made Alex turn to the girl with a questioning glare. Chris just ignored it and turned to the parents.

"I think that it's nice to see you fight for what you believe is right" Chris said, giving the couple a smile, before turning back to the TV to watch more photos. Now it was Alex that scoffed, and Chris that glared.

"Thanks Chris, happy that someone finds it at least a bit interesting" Elyse said, now glaring at her son. Chris just chuckled.

"I'm dying. I'm dying !" Mallory shouted, now grabbing everyone's attention, "Promise me you'll never show these when my friends are here. Promise, or I'm leaving home right now !" Chris just smiled at her behavior. Sure, she would be embarrassed too, if her parents would've shown them to her friends, but Mal was overreacting as she usually did.

"Mallory that was history in the making. There were people at every state in the union at that protest" Elyse said, sighing over her daughters behavior.

"What were you protesting ? Good grooming ?" Alex asked, of course throwing in one of his stupid comments again. Once again, Chris rolled her eyes. You would almost think that her eyes would be stuck in the back of her head, how much she would roll 'em.

The picture changed, and a new one could be seen on the screen.

"Mommy, you look so pretty. Like an Indian princess" Jen said, looking at the picture dreamingly. Chris giggled.

"I'm pretty sure that's your dad, Jen" Chris said, looking up at the 9-year-old. Elyse laughed along with the rest of them, and the picture changed again.