𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 2

[ Bright green eyes that didn't look back at him

[ Bright green eyes that didn't look back at him. ]

The brunette walked towards the wood poles where the horses were leashed. She approached her own with a smile, petting his head lovingly. Attached to the same pole was a brown horse near her horse, they both seemed to have hit it off. She unleashed her white horse from the pole while she looked at the other and noticed how both of them were snorting at each other.

"Alright, Eben, let's get going." Darrene spoke to her horse in a soft voice while petting his neck and picking up the leash.

She mounted Eben with the ease she had acquired from all the years of doing it and she got well settled on the saddle. 

•☉•☉•☉•☉•☉•

Geralt stood up, not paying attention to the story the bard was so invested in telling him. He left a few coins on the wooden table and put his money pouch back into his cloak.
Jaskier didn't stop talking while the witcher walked away, towards the bar, turning a few heads on his way and shutting up a few villagers without saying a word.

"Is there a mage in this village?" his low tone rumbled as he propped up his hands on the wooden bar and talked to what seemed to be the owner of the place. The owner looked at him with wide eyes noticing his appearance and opened and closed his mouth a few times, like a fish out of the water.

"Just point me to her house." Geralt grunted.

•☉•☉•☉•☉•☉•

It didn't take Darrene too long to get to the outskirts of the village by horse and she was glad she did it this time. Coming back on foot didn't give her many good experiences, especially this late at night and going into a forest.

She jumped from the back of her horse to the ground, dismounting Eben gracefully with the same practice she had mounted him. She bunched up his leash in one hand and led him towards the stables, unsaddling him as soon as they reached the place and petting his head, earning a little snicker and a light push from Eben.

Securely closing the stables so nothing could get in or out, the brunette headed home, perfectly placed to the left of the stables.

Darrene opened the wooden door and entered her little house. It didn't have that much space, but it was enough for her.

•☉•☉•☉•☉•☉•

The witcher didn't wait for his companion as he walked out of the tavern.

"Where are we going?" the bard questioned and made himself known as they walked into the night.

"The inn. In the morning we will go and see the mage."

They walked beside each other for a few minutes (actually, the bard was a few steps behind the witcher, who was keeping a steady pace), roaming the empty streets of the small village until they found and entered the candle-lit inn.

•☉•☉•☉•☉•☉•

The brunette girl couldn't stop thinking about the white-haired man he had seen at the tavern; he had something strange about him, something definitely not human. 

She had noticed how his eyes looked almost yellowish. It could have been the candlelight that had deceived her, but she was pretty sure they were the color of amber.
She had also seen something that looked like metal under his cloak, probably some kind of armor, which men didn't usually wear around this town as the dangers were never that great to need it, so she assumed he had come from far away.

But the thing that surprised her the most was the two swords that stood beside him, propped up on the stone wall of the tavern. They had different hilts, so Darrene guessed they would most likely be to kill different things. She had only heard stories and read books about creatures like him. The so-called "witchers".