We're In

"Maybe we should just try it, Josh." Maddie murmured, looking up at the clear blue sky.

"You're crazy, Madds." Josh sighed, looking down at his beautiful girlfriend. They'd gotten together about six months ago, and he wasn't ready to lose her. Not yet. Not because of his dumb sister.

"How? I'm just trying to make my friend happy. Who knows? It could actually be fun." Maddie let the lies roll off of her tongue so smoothly, she actually believed them for a second. The truth was that Josh was amazing, and she didn't want him to be with another girl, especially not one of her best friends.

"Maddie, please don't. I really like you, and this will ruin everything." He played with her hair, gazing into the big blue eyes he loved so much.

"Josh, let's just think about this for a second," Maddie said calmly, looking up at him. "Paige is always coming up with crazy ideas that always seem to backfire in our faces. True or false?"

"True."

"Paige is extremely stubborn and won't take no for an answer. True or false?"

"True..."

"So, it stands to reason that if we say no to this, she'll either keep pestering us until we say yes... or she'll come up with another crazy scheme and rope us into it. We might as well just go along with it and save ourselves a whole lot of trouble."

"That's the one thing I hate about you, Maddie." Josh sighed, leaning back onto his elbows. "You're always right."

"I know." She held his phone out, waiting for him to take it.

With a begrudging sigh, he reached out to take it. He dialed Paige's number and brought the phone to his ear.

"Hello?"

"..." Josh looked to Maddie one last time, and she gave him a small, hesitant nod. "We're in."