27. New Day

<Slowly Jake wakes up from his long slumber to a New Day, repeating the Enyhpen - Walk the Line - lyrics over and over, as though he was one with the song.> 

<SH didn't interrupt and just listen to Jake's beautiful angelic voice tone that harmonized well with the emotions of the song.>

Jake: With the rugged woods at our back, we greet the sun.  It shines in our eyes.  An azure life dwelling in breathlessness. We walk the long, drawn-out line, that cuts across the vast land because the world carved us on that line.  Camminare sulla linea, linea.

Jake: On the line, where do our footprints step to? What sky spreads at the end of it? Even if the world that unfolds is not what we are given. To the unknown, we run, carving sunrise, burning bright across the world.  We walk under the first day's sun. Every step we take, agony turns to bliss.

<Morning turned to Noon, and Jake's body takes over>

<Jake turns to SH, and smile gently, as they both gazed into each other with love. Not knowing how he got here, and how long he's been in this hypnotic state, but thankfully SH was with him.>

<SH hearing Jake's stomach growling, fed him some porridge slowly, as Jake ate diligently like a good child. Still looking out and enjoying the sun and each other's company.>

Jake: <slowly> So how long have I been gone?    SH: <surprised> Where were you?

Jake: I felt like my heart broke, and I had an out of body experience.  Wandering around in the world, watching from a distance the people going through their daily lives. Seeing the pain, heartaches, suffering, and tears.  Feeling helpless and lost, wanting to let go.  But couldn't, I didn't want to disappoint you and my family.

I guess she represented something I wanted to love and protect, but in the end, I failed her, and I couldn't give her what she really wanted.

SH: You didn't fail her Jake.  I think she grew up and no longer wanted to tie you down.  I think she used that boy to see what you would do, but in the end, knew you were not in love with her and needed to part with you.  

I don't know what you were thinking, she's no match for my beauty.  She was just a symbol to you. Who you cared for.

Jake: And what's up with those nursery rhymes.  You two were bickering so much, I was losing it. I was trying so hard to slap you two, but I couldn't move my body.              

SH:  Yeah, it's Jay's idea of therapy.  Half the time, I don't know if I should slap him or cry, but his heart is in the right place. I think.

Jake: And I'm in agreement with Jay on reading someone's journal, it's a cardinal sin. Don't think you can twist this to helping me when it's clearly more for self-interest.

SH: Honest Jake, I was panic to help you. Besides, there was nothing really juicy.  Frankly, it put me to sleep, you don't put your naked thoughts on paper, you keep them buried in your heart.

Jake: Maybe I'm not as perverted as you and I like to leave my fantasy in my head and dreams.

SH: <So he thinks about us in a perverted way and fantasizes about me? Knew it.  He'll just deny it if I ask.>  You're harder to break into than Fort Knox.

Jake: Maybe there's no gold to be had.      

SH: Oh, come on Jake, your heart is filled with riches. <smirk>

Jake: Where's Jay, I'm hangry.  <feeling more grateful> I'll waive any punishment because I'm extremely grateful for you for taking care of me.  You could have called my parents.  But I mean it Sunghoon.  You rescued me and helped me recover in your own way.  I love you, you're my soulmate.  I feel like you're part of me now.

SH:<checking his iPhone> He texted to say he's running late, but be here in 10m.  I'm glad I was here for you.  I love you too.

Jake: You know love doesn't have to be perverted and sick for people to enjoy.

SH: You make it sound like we have kids in the room.

<Back at the house, tired from the day, they went to sleep>

Jake: <in the middle of the night, Jake realizes SH must have bathed and changed him and yells> Ugh.

SH:<hearing this> Did you hit your head, Jake. Are you okay? <didn't hear anything else, and falls back to sleep>