secret - pt1

"Fuck-"

"Oh, no," she groaned, dropping to the floor. He stared for a moment, jaw slack as he watched her pick up his now empty coffee cup.

"Fuck, fuck- oh, I'm so fucking sor-"

"My physics notes," she whispered, picking up the coffee-stained notebook. "Oh no, no, no," she sighed.

"Fuck, I should've- I should've watched where I was going," he mumbled, helping her gather her papers that weren't stained. He held them away from the coffee that was seeping across the ground. She tried to brush her notebook of the coffee, but it obviously wasn't doing much.

"It's okay," Evelyn mumbled. "I should've watched too." He sighed as she stood, holding the notebook. "I guess it's good I wrote in pen."

"Will it smear?" She flipped through the notebook and sighed.

"I hope now- hasn't yet." He nodded and she gathered the papers he'd collected into her own arms. He turned to get a librarian to see what they should do about the mess.

"Well, at least your notes will smell nice now, right?" She gave him a small smile.

"I guess so." He was so cute.

"I'm really sorry- I can make it u-"

"We have a no food or drink policy for a reason, young man," a librarian said, making her way towards them. He gave her a grin before turning to the librarian, ready to explain himself as Evelyn slipped away, staring at her coffee dipped notebook.

It did smell good.

---

She froze as she began to walk slowly. Carlton looked up from his textbook and she gave him a small smile. "Hey," Evelyn said gently.

"Hey- you were that girl the other day in the library." She nodded and smiled, hair behind her ear as she stopped before him.

"Yeah, that was me."

"Were your notes okay?" Evelyn laughed a little. "They didn't smear or anything, right?"

"They didn't, yeah, thank you." Carlton smiled, leg outstretched in front of him,

He chuckled, running a hand through his hair. She crossed one leg in front of the other, wobbling a bit. "What are you doing here?" she asked in some time.

He held up his textbook. "Math," he sighed. She smiled. "And you?"

"I was just on a walk." He nodded. "You're doing your work- here?" They looked around and Carlton chuckled.

"Quiet here, no?" She smiled and nodded. His voice was so smooth.

"Yeah."

"It's pretty too." Evelyn looked around and nodded.

"Well, it's fall." He smiled. "I bet it's nicer in the winter."

"You like winter better?" She gawked at him.

"Who doesn't?" He laughed.

"Me?" She stared. "Snow's cold, dude."

"But it's pretty!"

"And my arms freeze off!" Evelyn laughed and Carlton stood, stretching his arms. "Where are you walking too?"

"Just walking," she explained. He nodded. "Exercise."

"Mmm, could use some of that." She laughed and he smiled.

"Well, it was nice talking to y-"

"Hey, uh, wait," he said quickly, standing. She watched as he stood and stretched his arms.