Chapter 24

EPILOGUE

I was all alone in my office, sitting comfortably on the swivel chair. I was leaning forward on my desk, as I browse her timeline on my phone.

This is what I do everyday for the past few years.. I would stalk her on social media, and just stare at all her pictures whenever I can.

I noticed she doesn't like taking selfies of herself. So I had to rely on the tagged photos she have with her family and friends.. But the moment I browsed on some occasional candid photos of her, I would instantly save it on my phone for safekeeping-- just in case it gets deleted on her account.

At first, I was just wondering how she's doing that's why I decided to look her up on the internet.. and the next thing I know, I became obsessed with it. Hindi ko na mapigilan ang sarili ko na tingnan ang mukha nya palagi.

I thought I was just guilty, that's why I'm curious to know the things that have happened to her ever since I left the Philippines. But I realized that it was more than that.. I realized that I'm head over heels in love with her.. and I feel so fvcked up because I missed her and I want to see her in person, so bad!

She has grown into a beautiful woman.. Apart from that, I know that she grew into a humble and lovely person too. Unlike others, she doesn't flaunt her beauty too much. She dresses in conservative clothes and she doesn't put on too much make up. Her innocence and simplicity, is what captivated me.

My relationships with other girls never lasted a month, because of her. Unconsciously, I always compare them to her beauty, and no one ever came close.. Kahit pa maraming attractive na mga babae dito sa Italya, ay sya lang talaga ang nakikita ko.. and it's making me crazy, coz this kind of feeling isn't healthy at all.

Three years in the service, and I already find myself creating a branch company in the Philippines.. My dad was surprised and my mom was worried, but they didn't entirely object..

I told him that I'm already fine and I even made sure to point out how much profit we're gonna make-- in order to cover up my real agenda for the project.

Lian had so much power over me, that I didn't realize-- everything I do, was all for her.. She became the reason of my existence, and I was determined to see her in person.. I wanted to see for myself that she's all healed from her past, and if there's a possibility that we could be together.

That is why I made a decision to fly to the Philippines and visit her parents.. With a help from a friend, I easily found out their address.

It was Lian's eighteenth birthday, and someone left the gate open when I arrived.. It took me a lot of courage to come out of my car, and to finally walked towards the house.. I convinced myself that maybe this time, her parents would allow me to see her. After all.. it's been over ten years since the incident happened.

I heaved a deep breath, before I urged myself to knock on their door.. and when it opened, I was greeted by a warm smile of a familiar lady.