Two: Moonlight

I didn't notice I was holding my breath. We both held each other's gaze for a solid minute. "Hi," was his first word. I needed to respond but it felt like my throat was being gripped shut and nothing came out of my lips.

I was frozen on my doorway as I waited for my body to thaw. His delicate brows furrowed.

"Are you alright?" he asked. His voice sounded rich, like liquid gold in my ears.

What the hell is wrong with me?

"Hi," I managed to respond, after what felt like an eternity. "Is there anything I can help you with?" I asked. I cursed myself internally.

What kind of response was that?

I reprimanded myself. "You were the one who saved me yesterday, correct?" It wasn't a question; it was more like stating a fact.

"That would be me." I admitted with a little pride. Suddenly, a smile broke out of his perfectly sculpted face.

At that moment, I realized it should be illegal for anyone to look so immaculately beautiful even just by smiling.

Damn.

His olive skin complimented his neatly trimmed hair, brushed up together, his face with a perfectly chiseled and lightly stubbled jaw, high cheekbones and a strong sharp nose. He was not wearing anything fancy, just a plain white shirt and jeans, but I can see the outline of his muscles through the shirt like a second skin.

I can see patterns of ink on his left collar bone down to his wrist.

Stop staring.

I reminded myself, but holy fuck, I couldn't help it. He raised his brow at me. "Is something the matter?" he asked, but I knew that he knew that I was ogling him from head to toe. His wolf-like brown eyes turned a little deviant.

Then it got me wondering, out of all that chaos, I somehow managed to miss how beautiful of a man he is, not to mention how the hell was I able to carry him? He's obviously larger than me both in mass, muscle, and height.

He's about six foot four compared to my five seven frame. "May I come in?" he asked, breaking me out of my reverie again. His voice was stern, deep, and it vibrated deep down to my core.

"Sure," I said and went to the side to give him space so he could enter my villa. He walked at a steady pace, looking around my room as if every villa in the resort were designed differently.

He stood in front of the French double doors; the patio visible behind him. He placed his hands inside the pocket of his jeans, making his muscles look even more prominent.

Jesus Christ. I shoved the obscene thoughts that started to creep in my mind. Now is not the time and I know it wouldn't be...appropriate.

We looked at each other, which made things a little awkward, but I can feel the atmosphere around us suddenly become electrically charged.

The air felt heavy and I have no idea why. Shouldn't we be talking? Asking names? Talk about anything? Yet here we are, involved in a staring contest. "So...," I said after gathering my courage to speak.

"What's your name?" I asked. His eyes flashed darkly infinitesimally that I may have imagined it. He didn't answer the question and I resolved looking at the carpeted floor.

"Thank you," was his response. I didn't press for his name any further thinking, maybe he was embarrassed. It's not as if we'll even see each other after this whole debacle.

"You're quite welcome." I gave a genuine smile. He looked a little surprised. I frowned.

Did I offend him? I thought.