Chapter Thirty

*reminder*

none of them (the captains and those in the organizations) are GOOD PEOPLE

also the "id like to speak to my manager" part, this story was published in 2017 on quotev first and the Karen thing was either 2018/19-2020
plus [name] is not a Karen lol

"Terushima," you started, your eyes focused on stirring the food in the pot. "It won't be done for another twenty minutes."

Terushima groans, crossing his arms on the counter with a pout on his lips. You chuckled, moving away from the stove to open the oven and check the steak that you are baking. You had started cooking the stew when Terushima walked into the kitchen with Futamata and Futamata had started to talk about the business with Shiratorizawa and Inarizkai until Terushima quickly cut him off with not wanting to talk about the casino dealing with him.

"I love your cooking, but could you hurry it up?" Terushima asked, pouting at you.

You laughed, smiling at him. "If you want to speed up the process, help me cook."

Terushima beams brightly, his pout turning into a smile and he stands up, coming towards you. You laugh at his childish behavior and he stands beside you, you force him to stand in front of you and you grab his arm. You adjust his sleeves, rolling them up to his forearm and his eyes are watching your hands, studying the back of your hands and fingers. You did the same with his other sleeve and you removed the apron from your person, putting it around his neck.

He stands there, towering above you and you didn't realize how close you were standing to him. You swallowed the salvia building in your mouth, opening your mouth slightly to say something, but the thought leaves your mind before you could even form a sentence. Terushima is standing in front of you, his forearms revealed and for some reason, he's hotter than he normal is. Only because his sleeves are rolled past his forearms.

When you lifted your gaze to meet his eyes, you noticed his eyes a dark tone swirling in them and a very teasing smirk stretches on his lips. He moves closer to you, causing your heart to pick up a pace and your cheeks burn in embarrassment for getting caught ogling at Terushima. You lowered your head, staring at his dress shoes to avoid gazing into his eyes and to not show him your blushing face, too.

"Something the matter, [Name]?" Terushima asked, his breath fanning your face.

You shook your head subtly. "No."

"Really?" Terushima asked softly, letting out a chuckle. "For a second, it seemed like you were distracted. What distracted you?"

"Nothing--"

"You aren't telling the truth," Terushima stated, grabbing your wrists when you tried to push him away.

You glared up at him. "If you know that I'm not telling the truth then why are you pushing it?"

His smirk widens, dipping his head low until there's a very small space between your nose and his. "Because I want to hear you say the truth."

You scowled at him, trying to tug your wrists out of his grasp, but he has a tight hold and you couldn't remove your wrists from his hands. He brings you closer to him, your chest touching his as he's towering over you. He quickly snatches both of your wrists into one hand, using his other arm to wrap around your waist to bring you closer to him. Your scowl turned into a glare and he chuckles, his smirk wide enough to reveal his teeth.

"Fine," you growled. You breathed through your nose deeply and you gaze up at Terushima, your eyes dropping to his lips, but you quickly gaze back into his eyes. "I was distracted by how incredibly stupid you look with an apron on."