Chapter 17

Everyone was asleep except for Dr. Harris and Jade, since they had to drive. They've been driving for hours so to get to the safe house. Which was a couple of miles off of the town of Asotin, on the border of Washington and Idaho.

They were somewhere between Wenatchee and Ellensburg. When Quill woke up with his legs crossed. Needing to pee very badly.

"Dr. Harris, I neeeeed to go pee!" Quill whined. His squirming waking up Knox and Brooks from their naps.

They drove by a sign on the highway signaling a rest stop up ahead.

"You're just in luck, there's a rest stop in a couple miles. Can you hold it for that long?" She looked through the rearview mirror at him.

"Yes! Just drive!"

Dr. Harris picked up the walkie talkie, pressing the talk button. "Jade, we're going to make a stop at the upcoming rest stop. Quill needs to go to the bathroom. I would tell the others to go too. Then we'll need to refuel at the next gas station."

"Ok, I think Jason would love to go pee. He's been needing to go for a while." Dr. Harris could hear the smile in her voice.

"I've been asking you for about an hour!" Yelled Jason in the background.

"Oh shut up."

"How are we looking on surveillance?" Questioned Dr. Harris.

"Rowan, wake up." A thin line of drool was on his chin with his red hair matted to one side.

"Wha?" He asked groggily.

"How are we looking, surveillance wise?" Dr. Harris repeated again.

"Oh sorry," He grabbed his computer. Looking for any creature signals, even some hunter ones but those were a lot harder to find. "I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary. We're looking good, the cloaking is still working so we shouldn't be able to be tracked. How is Quill?" He added at the end, Rowan wanted to make sure his baby was comfortable.

"Good, just needs to pee." The rest stop was starting to come into view. "Heading into the rest stop now."

Both SUVs pulled into the rest stop, parking next to each other. There were three Semi's parked to the side and a minivan that seemed to belong to a family of five.

"Who needs to go to the bathroom?" Radioed Jade.

"Quill and Jason do." Responded Dr. Harris.

"Rowan and Lucy too!" Shouted Lucy from the back seat.

"So the boys will go together and keep Quill safe, I don't want too big of a group going." Dr. Harris sternly said to the boys in the backseat more than to the other car.

Knox and Brooks just rolled their eyes as they let Quill out. Jason and Rowan were already beside them with Lucy bringing up the end. They looked around, pretending to look for any oncoming traffic in the parking lot but were really looking for anyone suspicious. The family were eating at a picnic table while the three truckers were standing and talking. All drinking a cup of coffee to wake them up.

Rowan thought they looked familiar, all of them. The family and the truckers but just thought it was one of those days. When you see familiar looking people. He still stayed close to Quill, making sure no one came close. So far, they just kept with their business.

They went up to the restrooms, Jason and Quill went first because they really had to go. Lucy waited outside with Rowan for company. There were only two stalls in the building.