Chapter Two: The Mind

"Our minds are all different. Each and every one of us has at least something lurking in the dark that we can either control or can't control. I know you think about suicide, I know your in drama which you emerge yourself in or you get pulled in without any action. Romance is another thing, you think that's all real but in reality it's something your mind creates...way deep in your mind, you know it's not real. To me this is the time in the weakest period in a human's life, Being a teenager in high school. I do have the knowledge that this stuff still goes on with you through life" Explained by my very own teacher himself, but I'm afraid he's wrong.

I guess everyone has the same conscience that seems to tell them that they have the right idea about how the mind works or what lurks in their minds. Why does he continue on like he knows what he is talking about? I don't know what others think. I also don't know what he's talking about at this point. I need a teacher with an actual knowledge of what he is talking about. I think he's just spouting nonsense so he'll like smart.

The classroom lights and hall lights flickered. Everyone looked around, three people sleeping with no idea that any of this was happening. Wish I was them right now. when it stopped, everyone went back to what they were doing, I mean it's just the same issues with the lights as usual, it's an old building. So what is this guy talking about? I stopped listening and instead asked if I could go out to the bathroom. I was lucky that he let me go so easily considering the fact he was still going on and on about the same nonsense. Usually teachers say no because they want you to stick around to hear something you probably will hear later on again.

When I was out in the hall, I'd notice an open locker, I went closer to observe. A piece of paper was taped to the inner wall, A memo?.

"Laura: Strange happenings started to occur when I left my fellow sisters and brothers behind but I was warned, yet blinded. One day I stepped outside my house when something terrible happened. two cars almost railed into me at the same time. The two passengers almost hit each other but turned at the right time. After about a few days since my departure. I was struck again and this time it wasn't any human contact or activity but that of a force tamed by the creation of the Covenant."

What? Who's Laura? I viewed the hallway again. I could not even see the end of the other hallway because of the pitch black darkness almost like an endless black abyss. What the hell is going on? The fire alarm started going off. It sounds distorted?

Everyone evacuated the school building including me. I didn't think about the memo too much because if I would even try to find out who this Laura girl was I would have to figure out which Laura it is. There are so many Laura's in this one school alone. It could be someone I pass by in the hallways everyday and I don't even know it. I'm already trying to find the unknown caller, so adding a Laura to that list would be a waste of time.

Is that angel over there? And she's talking to Ryan? So those two guys were right, she is still talking to Ryan! Well of course she would consider the fact that she and Aaron aren't actually a thing. Plus she's a ugh! Well look who decides to show their face. Aaron.

"Ashley, Hey sis, how are things with you?"

"Pretty good, but let us not talk about my doings but instead, your girlfriends doings." I turned him in the direction of Angel and Ryan.

"Dude you have got to end this. Also you might want to go somewhere far from here before people start questioning you about how you're allowing your girlfriend to talk to her ex" yeah I'm not getting into anyone else's drama. He really needs this to end, at this point I'm wondering what he is doing it all for? I mean besides his father.

Friday recap...

Well we all stood out there for a good thirty minutes. Some guy on the other side of the crowd discussed something with his friends about a strange occurrence that occurred during the light flickering phenomenon. What I saw in the hallway before, could it not have been some tricks of the mind and eyes or what? I mean I know my eyes aren't as perfect but was that actually real? If it was real then... what is happening?