Chapter 4 - Apologies and parties

Alec sat on the stairs to the institute a copy of 'A tale of two cities' his slim fingers flipping the pages with the delicacy of a musician, Jace was always bugging Alec to learn the piano but Alec refused, Little did Jace know of Alec's incident with a violin and a certain cat but he preferred not to think about that. Alec eventually lowered the book, his mind too full of thoughts and his eyelids imprinted with the image of a pair of gold green cat eyes disappearing behind a slightly glittery glamour. 

Alec, so lost in his thoughts barely noticed the soft click of a boot heel until Magnus Bane was standing toe to toe with him. Alec's piercing eyes looked up at Magnus, his tall frame casting a shadow over Alec.

'Hi.' Alec said not exactly sure what to say.

'Oh don't be so awkward I just wanted to say thank you for the other night.' 

'It's fine, it's the least I could do' He said staring past the glamour and into Magnus' green and yellow cat eyes.

'Yeah well if you could not tell anyone that would be a great help, you know kind of got a reputation ' he smiled slightly as if an indecent like this would ruin it. 'Oh and hey I'm throwing a party, bring some friends it'll be fun' he handed Alec an invitation which really just looked like a flyer. Alec looked up at him deciding whether or not he would actually go but in the end decided just to say.

‘Uh thanks.’ Which he then immediately regretted not only was he sounding completely insensitive but it also made him sound like in complete idiot.

‘See you there pretty boy.’ And with a sly wink of his golden eye he was gone and Alec infatuated. This then triggered a thought akin to a teenage girls Should he go or should he not, I mean Magnus did say that he’d see him there but Alec never felt exactly comfortable in social situations. Izzy was always the one who was going out to parties then there was Alec, who’d rather stay in his room reading a book and bam it came to him. Alec then proceeded to conveniently place the invitation/flyer where she would see it.

* Days Later *

Alec’s P.O.V

I was awoken by the godforsaken sound of my phone pinging and blinding me with the light. I quickly put on a clean shirt and pants and met Jace at Takis. I muttered something to Jace, which I swear, was meant to be a good morning but really I was just too asleep to be bothered. I ordered a coffee and really didn’t try very hard to listen to the conversation but really to sum it up Clary and her annoying face said something about Bane and that’s how I ended up seeing Magnus for the third time.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Hope you like it!