Chapter 9 and 10

Chapter 9- Sophie's POV

My heart was beating fast. Like really fast. I never meant for that random guy to kiss me. I didn't even know who he was. I felt my entire world shatter and my head spun. I closed my eyes and red started to rim my vision. 'There was nobody around me so nobody would get hurt,' I thought. So, I let my emotions get the better of me. My heart exploded into hurt and anger. But the thing I felt the most was pain. And I heard a huge thud behind me. A woman had fallen out of hiding. A woman I didn't know.

In Neverseen robes. I started panicking, for real now.

Keefe could be in real danger. I scavenged for something to tie her up with. I took a rope from the cupboard in the room next door and tied her up. I put her in the cupboard where there was no light to leap from- and tied her up.

I stood there, breathing and leapt to Shores of Solace immediately.

"Woah, woah, blondie! Where do you think you're going? If you're looking for my charge, he went sketching," interrupted Ro, as I attempted to find Keefe in his room.

"AND YOU'RE NOT WITH HIM?" I yelled, frantic now. I explained the situation for her and she rushed to get help immediately. Soon, all the bodyguards and some of the adults were gathered around. "Where did Keefe go?" asked Cassius, worried.

"I think he would have gone somewhere quiet. He likes peace when he's drawing," said Ro.

She was trying not to show it, but I could tell she was worried too.

"Quiet? Where would he find quiet in the Elwin World? His other homes?" asked Grady.

"No...He can't get in without my permission," said Lord Cassius.

I started to hyperventilate when Alden said, "The Wanderlings?"

"Painting DNAs of people wrapped in a tree?" asked Ro, sarcastically.

But I was already acting on it. "Grady, I'm enhancing you. You mesmerize the people there to do something else. I don't care, just quick, we take him and we come back," I said.

We all held on to each other and leapt to the Wanderlings, Sophie, I tried to search thoughts and track Keefe down. I could hear multiple thoughts from the edge of the woods so we quietly made our way there.

I saw a woman leap away as soon as she saw us and I stumbled back because I knew who she was. I saw Alden capture Andrex because he was working with the Neverseen too. I also saw Keefe getting rescued. I saw his bloody body, and I heard the Andrex guy talk about revenge on us. But all I could focus on was that I knew who that woman was. It was my mom.

It was Emma Foster.

~

Chapter 10- Keefe's POV

Memories. Scattered memories.

"Keefe? Keefe? Get back home now!" yelled his Dad. He found comfort in a sound. Any sound. Even if it was his father's voice.

Keefe's mind felt so divided and all he felt was a burden. A huge burden. Guilt. It weighed on him until there were cracks. His memories were becoming more and more distorted.

He saw multiple things, brown eyes, his parents, Neverseen cloaks and he started flailing his arms around in pain.

The cracks seeped through making him feel more and more uncomfortable. And he felt the guilt seeping through. Guilt. Guilt. Guilt.