Chapter 18 and 19

Chapter 18- (Sophie's POV)

Now, all of the Neverseen were in jail. Gone. And it had been two weeks since Keefe had gotten his memories back. And Team Foster-Keefe was going strong, the entire incident had only drawn Sophie and Keefe closer. He had an apparent surprise for her that day. Vertina probably knew what it was because she kept telling her to wear something fancy and put some makeup on.

Sophie decided on a beautiful satin red dress and pink eyeshadow and a deep red lip just as Vertina instructed.

She had no idea what was gonna happen, she went downstairs and saw a note clipped on to the table.

A manticore came in. We need to take it to the sanctuary immediately. We love you.

~Grady and Edaline.

Without paying much attention to the note, Sophie waited for Keefe. Which didn't take long because she heard a knock on the door. He was dressed pretty fancy but he had brought a blindfold which he put on Sophie almost immediately. She giggled and said, "Where are we going?"

"Tsk, always so impatient, Foster," whispered Keefe. He held her hand-which still gave her flutters-and leapt her away. "Take off your blindfold, Foster," said Keefe. Sophie slowly took it off and everyone in front of her yelled, "Surprise!"

She was looking at a beautiful room, which was covered in balloons and streamers. Rose petals were scattered everywhere, and her parents and her friends were almost crying. Sophie smiled and said, "What is this?"

"Well, I did some poking around and found out today was your human birthday so time to celebrate," yelled Keefe. Sophie didn't know why she was so touched but tears streamed down her cheeks. "How?" she whispered. "Well, I always manage to surprise you, Foster," whisper-shouted Keefe.

Edaline grinned and said, "Happy Birthday, Sophie." She was crying a little too, and Grady didn't say anything but pulled her close. All her friends hugged her as tightly as they could and the gratitude that filled Sophie was unspeakable.

Keefe said, "Wanna dance, Foster?" Sophie answered in a peck on the cheek. "I'll take that as a yes," he laughed. As a human song played, Sophie felt nothing but gratitude and comfort as he held her in her arms. She barely heard the song as love whirred in her entire body, Keefe could definitely feel it. A smile rolled up his face, lighting it up.

"Okay, lovebirds! Cake-cutting time," yelled Marella. Keefe flushed a little and said, "C'mon Foster. Let's go."

She grasped his hand tightly and nodded. He covered her eyes with his hands gently. She closed them until Dex said, "Open them, Sophie!"

The cake was rough looking, but it spoke so much to her. She didn't know what it was, but her heart was filled with affection every time she looked at it. It was covered in chocolate fondue and there were some roses placed on it. Keefe grumbled and said, "Sorry it looks so terrible, I tried to wrap it properly but obviously, it didn't turn out so well." "You...made this?" asked Sophie.

"Yeah," he said, looking at his feet. Sophie didn't know why her heart went into hummingbird mode immediately, and why that little gesture was so special to her. But, she smiled and said, "Thank you, Keefe. This is the best ever."

And it was. The best party ever.

~

Chapter 19- (Keefe's POV)

The party was over and it had been incredibly wonderful, I had set up some pizza and the yellow sticks which were apparently called fries, I had also scattered some roses around and I sucked in a breath when I realized this was just like our first date. I smiled when Sophie came in. She looked stunned and tears started flowing down her eyes again. She gave me a tight hug and said, "Thank you, Keefe. I love you."

But all I could say was, "Thank you, Foster. For giving me a chance. Thank you for doing everything you could to make sure my life didn't suck. Thank you. I love you more than you would ever realize."